Worker Health and Safety in Bangladesh
– Workers Health and Safety Not only do the United States Companies have obligations to workers who produce apparel they market. More importantly, these Americans businesses have authority to correct unlawful violations. In addition, customers rely on merchants’ good will and standing when evaluating the makers of their products. For example, according to Sherman (2013), those global clothing buyers, mainly the United States companies, have a job to execute guaranteeing security of Bangladesh’s apparel workers”….
Colic in Equine: Causes and Prevention
– In Equine, surprisingly Colic is severely life threatening, we as humans have colic as well but it is not nearly as life threatening as it is in horses. Horses diets have vastly changed as everything evolves, this being a horses intestines haven’t completely evolved to satisfy these changes being so horses are now at risk of colic since horses can’t vomit to get rid of toxins or indigestible food. As babies we can colic but it’s a fancy way of having abdominal pain, but in horses it can be anywhere from a simple upset stomach or a twisted gut, which can stop the blood supply and will kill the horse….
My Experiences as a Medical Social Worker
– Within the past week, I was able to meet a patient that had been through a very difficult life. He was admitted into the hospital almost one month ago because he had a stroke. He was a carnival worker and was only planning to be in Lexington for a temporary amount of time until the carnival left. When he was admitted into Saint Joseph Hospital, there were no indications that he had family and/or friends that should be contacted. At first, he was unable to talk, and his mobility was extremely limited….
What Does The Social Worker Do?
– Social Workers play a very important role in the society. Social Workers are the first to reach out to the client when a problem occurs. They provide clients with hope and encourage them to have a better life. Social workers must make the role of their work clear when they are approached by a client. Their job is to assist the client to know why they need help and where they can get it. Social Workers also unite clients with services, resources and opportunities, which provide them with the help they need….
Colic: The Leading Cause of Equine Death
– Many horses suffer from colic every year, aging from a few months to over 20 years old. It can be curable when treated in a sufficient time. However if too much time is passed, the most likely outcome is death. Colic is defined as an abdominal pain, more specific, pain induced by seizures of the colon. In the horse, colic is associated with intestinal ileus or inflammation (White and Edwards, 1999). When a horse is going through colic, and needs to go into surgery, equine laparoscopy is one of the more common methods used….