Developing Countries and Environmeantal Protection
– Developing countries need to prioritize environmental protection over resource extraction because of corruption, the resource curse, and the advantageous effects of ensuring environmental stability. The reason this conflict is so pressing is because many people think that resource extraction is the best means of economic growth. Developing countries, however, do not necessarily manage their wealth very efficiently. Most developing countries need to focus on the environment to do the most good for the largest amount of people….
Green to Gold, by Daniel Esty and Andrew Winston
– Daniel C. Esty, a professor at Yale University and Director of the Center for Business and the Environment at Yale, is a corporate environmental strategy specialist. With twenty years of experience, in the early 1990s Esty worked for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. He is now a Chairman of the Esty Environmental Partners. Meanwhile, Andrew S. Winston is a world-renown environmental advisor. Previously working for Boston Consulting Group, Time Warner and MTV, Andrew Winston shares the advantages of green business with audience around the world as a professional speaker….
The Environmental and Protection Agency
– Global warming is the quick increase in the Earth’s average temperature through the effects of greenhouse gases, such as burning fossil fuels, carbon dioxide emissions or deforestation which are known to keep heat from potentially escaping the Earth. Collected carbon dioxide and other air pollutants in the atmosphere act similarly to a barrier, that traps the suns heat causing the planet to become warmer. Due to air pollution, it contributes to global warming and also effecting the air quality. Through the actions of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),the EPA is able to pursue in reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving our air quality…. ;
Protecting Against Terrorist Attacks in Urban Environments: Explosion Protection for Buildings
– Introduction Blast protection, until recently, has only needed to be considered when constructing underground shelters and military bunkers. Currently, however, there is a need for urban buildings and similar structures used consistently by the general public to withstand forces from nearby explosions. This need is due to the recent climb in terrorist attacks in urban or crowded environments. These attacks have used the lack of blast resistance in these buildings as a means for creating widespread havoc through detonating an improvised explosive device (IED)…. ;
EPA: Environmental Protection Abuse
– … This would clearly interfere with every American’s constitutional right to private property. As the common theme of ambiguous wording used in the EPA’s bylaws shows, they clearly want the ability to regulate the environment wherever, however, and whenever they want. The power given to the Environmental Protection Agency undeniably can and has violated the basic rights of American citizens. Energy: everyone needs it, but soon we may not be able to afford it if the EPA has its way. Recently, they proposed to drastically lower waste emission standards for new power plants…. ;