Personal Experience: Plans on What to do to Become a Professional Engineer
– … I will have completed all the requirement to register as a professional engineer after 24 months of internship. There are two important people in the personal development programme. These two people are the mentor and the supervisor. The mentor is someone that the candidate can go to at any time to ask for help in all aspects of the work place, be it engineering problem related or work relationship issues etc. The mentor is also the person that the candidate must meet with for a minimum of one full day a month to discuss the PDP (Professional Development Programme)….
Environmental Text: Paolo Bacigalupi’s The Windup Girl
– Nature writing can be found in numerous genres and each can portray different opinions, thoughts, examples, solutions, etc. Therefore, setting up a general set of guidelines allows people the opportunity to define what is meant by nature writing. Defining genre can be highly influential when readers are trying to capture the essence of what they are reading. Lawrence Buell’s four criteria for what constitutes an “environmental text,” provide a basic set of understandable guidelines. However, as the criteria stand they are too directed at the factual context and overlook the “experience” or emotional resonance of reading such works….
– Hardware Engineer Computers have become an indispensible part of modern life. Since 1936, with the invention of the first programmable computer, people have been tweaking, changing, and experimenting to make this machine function better and make the lives of uncountable people easier. Integral to computer functioning is computer hardware, for example, a monitor, keyboard, memory chips, and the mouse. This hardware is evolving rapidly to become faster and more user-friendly. Hardware engineers have thorough educations, challenging jobs, and produce fascinating products….
Making Decisions as an Engineer
– … Any decision has associated responsibilities and Klein (1995) suggests four: causal responsibility, legal responsibility, moral responsibility and role responsibility. Responsibility is a big factor towards making a decision. Often, many people are involved in a decision, but ultimately there is only one owner responsible for that decision. These are some great factors that engineers take account of when making decisions but there are ways of making decisions. Projects are dealing with bigger stakes and facing a growing complexity that deal with decision making….
– Computer software engineers use the basics and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that enable computers to perform their many different tasks. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer software engineers are projected to be one of the fastest growing occupations over the 2002–12 period. The starting salaries for computer engineers with a bachelor’s degree can be higher than salaries of bachelor’s degree graduates in many other occupations….