Researching a Jet Engine
– … Hans Van Ohain’s work was not shared to the world, but Whittle’s was and as a consquence Sir Frank Whittle is now more accredited to early jet engines. After Whittle’s and Ohain’s discoveries the development of jet engines sky rocketed. General Electric built the first American jet engine for a United States Air Force plane that first took flight in October, 1942. Soon after that, in 1944 the mass production of jet engines began. The jet engines could be used in many ways, but the main use for jet engines was to create thrust in planes so they could fly….
Six Stroke Engine
– SIX-STROKE ENGINE Introduction The six-stroke engine is an ingenious invention that has the potential to increase engine efficiency by around 30 percent. As fossil fuels are increasingly more expensive to produce and utilize, many have been seeking for answers to these problems. The six-stroke engine seeks to solve some of these problems by exploiting heat that would normally be lost in the four-stroke engine. It does this by utilizing an extra pump to produce more torque and power. In the following graph, the conventional four-stoke is compared to a 6-stroke using a Yamaha TT 500c….
The Physics Behind the Power of an Engine
– The Physics Behind the Power of an Engine Insert the key, turn, and vroom. And down the road you go. Most people take for granted the strange conglomeration of metal and plastic under that sheet of metal either in front or back of their vehicle. The engine as you may have guessed, is modern marvel- so to speak. They’re found in cars, trucks, boats, airplanes…All with various power outputs. To discuss the power output, first the cycles of the engine itself needs to be mentioned. 1.Intake: The intake valve opens allowing fresh oxygen rich air mixed with fuel to enter the cylinder….
Physics of the Internal Combustion Engine
– Background Infromation In Cambridge England, in 1820 a man by the name of Reverend W. Cecil was explaining to fellow scientists and inventors how an internal combustion engine worked. All of his fellow colleagues just laughed at him and told him it could never be done. In 1860 Jean Joseph E’tienne Lenoir made Cecil’s idea come to life by building the first practical internal combustion engine. Three years later in 1863 Lenoir built one of the worlds first gas engine cars. Ignition System Have you ever wondered how turning a simple key will start a car….
A Brief History of the Evolution and Early Implementation of the Watt and Steam Engine
– FROM TRIVIAL CURIO TO THE POWERHOUSE OF A REVOLUTION: A BRIEF ACCOUNT OF THE HISTORY, EVOLUTION AND EARLY IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WATT & BOULTON STEAM ENGINE As European society entered the 18th century, the importance and potential value in applied sciences became clearer than it had ever been before. A number of technical advances were made, chief among them the Newcomen Atmospheric Engine. This engine, one of the earliest examples of the steam engine being put to practical use, was widely used in mines as a means to pump out unwanted water….