How to Get Electricity to Communities
– Many underprivileged communities have to resort to different forms of energy and living, used for cooking and warmth. Due to so many power outages and lack of services, many people have started to use generators, gas and petroleum lamps more frequently. Since so many people are unemployed or earn an extremely low salary, they can’t afford proper housing and safe appliances and energy sources, and end up making “houses” out of plastic, cardboard and scrap metal and using hazardous energy sources….
Financial Performance Benchmarking in the Electricity Distribution Industry
– A Review of Research Literature Results on Financial Performance Benchmarking in the Electricity Distribution Industry Introduction Since the late 1980s, there has been significant regulatory reform in the electricity transmission and distribution industries in many countries. Under traditional cost-of-service rate regulation, companies recover their costs under a regulated rate of return, which may provide little incentive to minimize costs. Alternatively, incentive or performance based regimes are designed to incent productive efficiency by compensating the company for achieving costs savings….
Could lightweight discover of electricity improve future appliances?
– Could lightweight discover of electricity improve future appliances. Paper, invented more than 2,000 years ago, has severed us with multiple purposes. Amazingly, this extensively, broad use item has been discovered for its ability to absorb carbon nanotubes and silver nanowires films into its porous material to conduct electricity in a completely new way. However, paper is not the only object discovered for its ability to demeanor electricity. Viruses have also successful been able to conduct electricity and function as batteries….
Electricity Policy Reform and Responsible Government in India
– … State oversight of the electricity sector in India remains strong, despite movements towards privatization in recent years. The other significant actors in the electricity industry are the regulatory commissions and bureaucracies at the central and state levels, which were formed starting in the late 1990s and contribute to the governmental oversight of the Indian electricity sector. In April 1998, the government issued the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Ordinance for setting up the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission and the State Electricity Regulatory Commissions for tariff rationalization and other activities….
History of Electricity
– The oldest civilization known to understand electricity was the ancient Greeks because of the electric fish in the Nile River. In the 1600’s William Gilbert an English Physician studied electricity and magnetism; studies were continued by other researchers such as Robert Boyle and Benjamin Franklin. Then by the 1800’s scientist Allesandro Volta had identified a way to harness electricity in a battery format and he had also discovered the chemical reactions that electricity could produce. Volta also invented the first device with a steady current known as the electric battery, and he also created the first transmission of electricity by linking positively-charged and negatively-charged connec…