The Invention of Electricity: Benjamin Franklin
– Electrician You walk into a dark room and flip a switch; suddenly, the room is no longer dark. Have you ever wondered how the electricity in your business or house works. Electricians study the ways to install the wiring and electrify indoor and outdoor spaces for comfort and safety. While most people take, the electricity we use for granted, electricians must know and ensure every detail is perfect. Careers in electricity require dedicated professionals who spend many hours of schooling learning about how to safely create lighted spaces and outlets for electrical components and usage….
The Electrician’s Dilemma
– The Electrician’s Dilemma An electrician has been asked to repair an old radio. He believes that he needs a resistance of 1.9 ohms which is not easily obtained. You are provided with some reels of resistance wire and are asked to plan and carry out an investigation to help the electrician solve this problem. When your investigation has been concluded you discover that a resistance of 28.5 ohms is also required to complete the repair. Show how you use the data from your investigation to also obtain this resistance….
Characteristics of an Effective Helper
– There are many attributes to being an effective helper. An effective helper, in essence, should be genuinely caring, have a calm manner, have a sense of humor, be a clear thinker, be highly dependable, honest, use common sense, be objective and not subjective, be self-confident, be self-aware, have a positive attitude toward life, have respect for others, exhume warmth, show flexibility and openness (Mental Health of Refugees, 1996). These are the basic characteristics of an effective helper….
Homework: A Helper or a Hindrance?
– … In the late 1960s, the value of homework was questioned because educators and parents were concerned that homework interrupted recreational and social activities, thus affecting the mental health of children (Cooper Robinson Patall). Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, homework was endorsed again because there was a need to reinvigorate the declining educational standards, especially in the United States(Cooper Robinson Patall), and the renewed belief from research that homework produces academic benefits (Cooper 1989)….
Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper
– Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper In ancient times, a superstition was once believed by humans that erratic behavior was the possession of spiritually evil demons, that only wizardry or sorcery could mend and cure the mentally ill. In 1808, a man named Professor Johann Christian Reil developed a new medicine field called Psychiatry, meaning the soul or mind. Eventually, the physicians practicing this medical field were known as Psychiatrist (“History of Psychiatry”). As time passed, the field started to evolve and the knowledge expanded becoming one of the oldest medical fields still existing today (“Psychiatrist – DO/MD”)….