The Educational Researcher: Review and Response
– 2.1 Forum Analysis A. Research and Identify: Background / History of Forum Although the Educational Researcher does not have a stated political position and is not interested in politics on the surface, some political ideas and opinions are very evident within its pages. In my opinion, the Educational Researcher tends to lean more towards the liberal/progressive side, because the articles they publish tend to have some very progressive ideas, theories and research. The journal also tends to side with educators and professors who for the most part usually lean a little to the left….
Effective Educational Practices
– Due to the very nature of educators all across this nation being in an age where accountability is the driving force behind educational systems, leaders must look at changing the way they do things by doing educational research to meet the standards of No Child Left Behind (NCLB). According to Lodico, Spaulding, & Voeglte (2010), meeting NCLB requirements makes knowledge of educational research an essential component of professional preparation for all educators (p2). In order for educational discrepancies to be corrected, educators must develop and deepen their skill set about the research approaches that can be used to bring reliability and validity to any program being utilized by our edu…
My Quest For Best Practices in Educational Technology
– The year I began teaching, I didn’t have a computer hooked up to the Internet. This was only eleven years ago. As I have adapted to the rapid changes in technology access that have occurred for myself and for my students, I have looked for fundamental principles to guide my teaching practice. Resources such as the Framework for 21st Century Learning (Partnership for 21st Century Skills, 2007), the International Society for Technology in Education National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers and Students (ISTE NETS, 2008), and Edutopia (The George Lucas Educational Foundation, 2010) have been invaluable guides in my quest for best practices in educational technology….
Planning, Conducting and Evaluating Educational Research
– The planning that occurs behind educational research is an intricate process thus in addition to establishing a research problem and purpose and reviewing literature, inquirers must determine the best experimental design that fits their needs. Even though experiments may share characteristics, “their use and application vary depending on the type of design used” (Creswell, 2008, p. 310). Therefore understanding the types of experimental designs commonly used to inquiry about educational thematic is useful to identify the design whose approach will contribute the success of the research….
Applicantion for Doctoral Program at University of Calgary
– I always believe that every researcher should be equipped with the best of the knowledge that is available. The doctoral program in University of Calgary will provide me with an opportunity to learn more about adult education and prepare me to be a senior level educator and researcher. That is why I am applying to the Ph.D. program in Educational Studies in Adult Learning, in the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary. I am very motivated to commit myself to academic pursuits in the field of educational studies; particularly, I am planning to do quality research on educational issues within adult education and adult learning contexts….