Driving Test and Driving Techniques
– “I am sorry,” the examiner said. “You have to practice more.” Before I passed the driving test, I failed two times. As a result, I have more experience about the proper driving technique because I learned much more from correcting my inadequate driving skills. It may be a formidable challenge for novice drivers to pass the driving test if they don’t follow the appropriate steps. Thus, in order to smoothly pass the driving test, novice drivers should read the Driver’s Handbook, calm the jittery nerves, and observe the traffic conditions….
Texting and Driving
– This paper examines the dangers that arise when cell phones are used at the same time as operating a vehicle. The paper will explore the following question of why this is a problem and why the research is important. The variables investigated are the use of cell phones while driving, whether speaking or texting, and the accidents and fatalities caused from the distraction. Data of the accidents and fatalities caused by drivers distracted by their cells phones is stated to research and further explores the age group and gender of the people involved into the accidents to uncover patterns….
Impaired Driving and Alcohol Control Policy
– According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), traffic accidents in the U.S. claimed the lives of 37,261 individuals in 2008. A full 37 percent of these deaths were alcohol related. Traffic fatalities are a leading cause of death in the U.S. and around the world, and a regular target of government policies enacted to reduce incidence and save lives. The clear link between alcohol consumption and automobile fatalities means that policies aiming to curtail the latter often target the former….
Teenage Driving: Texting While Driving
– … Speed and red light cameras are automated and will take a picture of the license plate of a car when either a speeding violation or a red light violation occurs (Speed and Red Light Cameras). Iowa also has a seat belt law which requires passengers and drivers to wear a seat belt when in a vehicle(Iowa Seat Belt Law Guide). Other laws such as speed limits and no passing zones may seem minimal but are very beneficial to driver safety. These and other methods are being used to help prevent accidents….
Driving Under the Influence
– Drunk driving is an issue that effects many people across our nation. People do not realize the affects alcohol can have on the body and mind that slow decision making while driving. This issue begins in the home. Children see their parents, or other adults figures, have a beer or a cocktail and get in the car. Thus, making it seem like it is acceptable to drink and drive. “One in three people will be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime” (MADD). Driving under the influence is measured by a person’s blood alcohol level (BAC)….