Pros and Cons of Natural Gas Drilling in the Drillers Are Coming by Mark Fischetti
– In his article The Drillers Are Coming Mark Fischetti examines the pros and cons of the natural gas drilling procedure known as hydraulic fracturing or fracking. He also discusses the Marcellus formation, a shale deposit that stretches from New York to Tennessee (Fischetti, 2010). According to the article, the Marcellus formation could potentially provide the United States with enough natural gas for the next 40 years if consumption rates stay at the present rates (Fischetti, 2010). Fischetti discusses the current political pressures to achieve energy dependence from overseas countries and mentions that natural gas could be a cleaner alternative to coal….
Computer Generated Imagery: Transformers Dark of the Moon
– Computer Generated Imagery: Transformers Dark of the Moon In 2007, history was born. In a less climatic way, Transformers, an American science fiction action film based on the toy line was debuted. The sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was released in the summer of 2009. Two years later, the third installment of the live action series, Transformers Dark of the Moon was released. In present day, enthusiastic fans await the arrival of the fourth installment of the Transformers film series, Transformers Age of Extinction….
The Underground Water System in Western Australia
– 1.0 Introduction The purpose of this report is to study the underground water system in Western Australia and make recommendation to the Minister of the Environment and Water Resource. This report include the source and storage, extraction and the effect of underground water to the environment, types of common contamination in underground water and method to prevent the contamination. Groundwater is the one of the fundamental source of water in Western Australian environment which fresh water collected at various depth below the ground surface….
Is Easy Oil Really Gone?
– … An uncontrolled release of hydrocarbons to the surface is known as a blowout, and when coupled with an explosion, or in an environmentally sensitive area, the results are catastrophic. A blowout or release of hydrocarbon to the surface may not only happen in the drilling process, it can happen long after the well is drilled, while in the production phase. A notable case is the Piper Alpha disaster which happened in 1988, where gas condensate leaked from recently serviced valve, causing an explosion and resulted in the complete loss of the production platform and the loss of 167 men (Macalister, 2013)….
Daughter of a Roughneck
– Daughter of a Roughneck Juanita “June” was born in the mid-1940’s, the firstborn of Q.D. and Hazel. Q.D. was a driller on oilrigs, a crew called “roughnecks.” Over the years the family lived in Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. For the first 16 years of her life, June lived with her father, mother, and two younger brothers in a trailer that was so small it could (and was) pulled by the family car from oil patch to oil patch. Despite social prejudices, educational setbacks, and trauma in her life, she overcame those obstacles…. ;