Becoming a Reflective Teacher of English
– As I reflect on my initial blog entry (see Appendix A), I realise that my understanding of literacy has developed expeditiously, from a simplistic view into a multi-faceted outlook that underpins learning throughout the curriculum. Although I had indicated an awareness of the interrelationship of speaking and listening, reading and writing (SLWR), I did not conduct in depth analysis that considers these elements specifically with the process of learning. This essay will discuss how my understanding of SLWR has evolved, and in examining the links between lectures and workshops, further reading and school based training (SBT), will reflect on how this has impacted on my development as an Engli…
At first the whole class went into the drama studio and sat down.
– At first the whole class went into the drama studio and sat down. Inside the room there was a projector and a video camera filming the exam. Task One All things in bold and underlined are the explorative strategies we used during the exam. At first the whole class went into the drama studio and sat down. Inside the room there was a projector and a video camera filming the exam. I was told to relax and then told to stand up and act like a character that depsised everyone else around myself. We all did this at the same time, whilst walking around the drama studio….
– Drama according to the Wikipedia free encyclopedia is the specific mode of fiction represented in performance, which comes from a Greek word (drao) meaning action. A dramatic production depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes, it put the characters in conflict with themselves, others, society and even natural phenomena. According to Learning Stream, “drama is a literary composition involving conflict, action crisis and atmosphere designed to be acted by characters on a stage before an audience.” Process drama according free Wikipedia encyclopedia is a method of teaching and learning, where both the students and teacher are working in and o…
The Poem Teacher by Langston Hughes
– … The meter ranges from 3 to 6. Every different thought in thins poem is organized in its own stanza, The speaker in Hughes’ poem comes off as a dead person who is thinking to himself about his past and the way he lived his life and where he is now. In line 3 (“I tried…”) the speaker talks in first person and throughout the whole poem there is no indication that he is taking to anyone else. Line 9 (“But now I lie beneath cool loam”) supports the idea that the speaker is dead. The tone in the poem stays serious throughout but slowly becomes more and more dramatic….
How Important is a Drama Ministry Team for Your Church?
– The experience of having theatre in one’s church is unique. It not only provides a visceral engagement for the congregation of sermons starters, but also gives opportunity for social engagement and community outreach. Researchers in the field have explored these benefits and discovered that, ‘Theatre has the ability to communicate multiple streams of content on multiple levels (intellectual, emotional, kinesthetic)’ (Savidge, 2009, pg.10). However, theatre in the church is often only used for special occasions such as Easter, Advent, and Christmas….