Analysis of Pearls
– Analysis of Pearls What is a pearl. A pearl is a pellet of calcium carbonate. Of all the gems in the world, it is the only one created by a living creature. A pearl is found in an oyster or other mollusk. They are grown in limited areas of the world’s oceans and come in wide range of shapes and colors. The value of a particular pearl is determined by a number of factors. The prices of these precious stones are widely varied depending on the perfection of the stone. A pearl is a very unique, valuable gem…. ;
The Cause and Effect of the Chesapeake Bay’s Oyster Decline on the Bay
– The Chesapeake Bay is the largest estuary in the United States. It holds 18 hundred trillion gallons of water. The Bay is about 200 miles long, and is home to more than 17 million people. The importance of the Chesapeake Bay is incredible; two of the United States’ five major North Atlantic ports – Baltimore and Hampton Roads – are on the Bay. (Chesapeake Bay Program, n/d). The Chesapeake Bay provides shelter and food to all living things in the surrounding area. Both, people and animals, use the Bays resources every day and have done so for centuries….
Oscula Study of a Sponge
– … The shallow pristine site, Meteor Bay is generally protected from wave action, but there are regular storm events throughout the year. Absence of oceanic water currents leaves wave action as the major source of mixing and water movement. A possible advantage for C. reniformis specimens to acquire larger sized oscules might be described with the need of catching desired food particles in a water movement zone affected by wave action. Continuous oscillation of particles in a wave action could make it harder to catch desired particles for a sponge with small sized osculas….
– “The Diver” Robert Currie’s “The Diver”, on the surface, recounts a diver’s descent and ascent into a river as onlookers eagerly anticipate his fate. Beneath the surface, this poem is actually very spiritual. The diver’s descent into the water, and his arising from the water, can be compared to the crucifixion of Jesus. Through the masterful use of imagery and Biblical comparisons, Currie depicts the message that rebirth and hope can captivate and revitalize our spirits. An essential key to the theme of “The Diver” is through the subtle yet prevailing use of Biblical references….
Preparation: Key to Diver Competence
– Scuba Diving is a way of life for some people; but for most, it is just a hobby or sport. In all cases, these bubble-blowing adventurers submerge themselves into a magic world where life is no longer bi-dimensional and air supply is limited by how much is loaded in their backpacks. It is, indeed, a humbling and eye-opening experience, a true statement of the magnitude and beauty of our planet. Unfortunately, Scuba Diving is also an activity that has many risks, some of which can be fatal. To reduce the risks involved, prior to being certified, Scuba Divers go through a somewhat rigorous training program where all risks are highlighted and basic techniques to avoid them are introduced….