Middle School Nurse Observation
– During many years the role of school nurse was traditionally viewed as one where the nurse cared for students that were injured, applied bandages and gave out ice bags. Throughout the years the role of the school nurse has evolved into one of leadership and management along with many other duties including traditional roles as mentioned above. The services provided by a school nurse range from assessment and screening to coordinating care for regular students as well as students with special needs….
Critical Analysis of Local and National Policies Surrouding Long Term Health Care Conditions
– The aim of this essay is to critically analyse and appraise Local and National policies surrounding Long-Term health conditions (LTC) and complex care needs, which inform community practice. It is intended to critically appraise the complex care requirements of people with Heart Failure as the chosen LTC, outlining areas of care that need to be addressed by professionals utilising contemporary research and evidence based practice. As per the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) (2010) all identities of people and local trusts will be kept confidential….
An Analysis on the Ability of Nurse Practitioners to Prescribe Controlled Substances
– According to the Pearson Report, there is a total of 147,295 Nurse Practitioners throughout the United States (Pearson, 2009). However, for NPs in some states the battle continues over some forms of prescriptive authority or physician involvement in NP prescribing, such as the state of Pennsylvania. State regulatory approaches to NP prescribing range from no authorization for prescribing (in Georgia, 2006 legislation passed which recognized NPs as prescribers, but the rules have not been approved at the time of this writing) to unencumbered prescriptive authority (Arizona, DC, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming) (Lugo, O’Grady, Hodnicki & Hanson, 2007)….
Nurse to Patient Ratio, Nurse Burnout and Patient Satisfaction
– Working in long-term care can be overwhelming. Imagine you are a new graduate nurse putting your new found knowledge and skills to practice for the first time. Your orientation lasted three days which is standard for nurse home orientation compared to hospital orientation that last approximately six to eight weeks for new grads. The shift has just begun and already you have a new admit, new found pressure ulcer to assess, a possible medication reaction, several new orders to take off and eight patients to document on for varying reasons….
Views of Heaven in From the Fifteenth District
– Views of Heaven in From the Fifteenth District Mavis Gallant presents us with a disconcerting view of death in the short story “From the Fifteenth District,” where dying is not a salvation from the pains of life but where the dead are forced to suffer eternally. In this story, the author sets out three distinct cases of ‘haunting,’ except that these hauntings are reported by the dead about the living. Major E. Travella, killed during World War I, is angry that he is being exploited by the church and the public….