Extreme Gambling: Addiction or Obsession?
– Gambling in the United States seems to be as American as apple pie. Going to the convenience store to pick up your weekly lottery ticket, then day dreaming about what you would do if you won. I have actually calculated how much I would give to each family member, how many houses I would buy and trips I would take. Once a year I take my wife to the casino for her birthday. We take a couple hundred dollars and spend all night at the roulette table, then end the night at the slot machine. It can be an expensive and rewarding night out….
Policy and Compliance (Tracey)
– Policy and Compliance (Tracey) Organizations develop regulations, standards and practices for securing their data. These standards enforce access security practices and policies set forth by government agencies and adopted by organizations, of these include DoD and National Security Agency. (Goodrich & Tamassia, 2011). By implementing these standards, a company or agency may be allowed to store and transfer sensitive content. Of these government regulations and standards includes; Federal Information Processing standardization (FIPS) 140 which is a set of standards requiring cryptographic modules used by government organizations….
Gambling and its Effects
– The adrenaline-rushing feeling of gambling offers people the idea that opportunity lies within their hands. Unfortunately, there are far too many consequences to gambling to even begin to count. To win you must play, and to win big you must play big. As more gamblers can recall their losses rather than their winnings, gamblers are often dealt with poor hands and must play the risky game to stay alive. Even though gambling has so many faults, some still fall under its corruptions because of gambling’s deceiving fallacies….
Gambling Addiction: Compulsive or Pathological Gambling
– I am very interested in how a person could psychologically and physically feel the need to gamble. It interests me that a compulsion could turn into physical want and pain if the compulsion isn’t fulfilled. This could actually be classified as an addiction, which some people would also classify it as a disease. People gamble for many different reasons. Some people do it for the excitement in which it will make them feel a release of adrenaline. Another reason why some people do it is because they are very competitive and they want to feel the burst of energy that they would possibly get from beating other players or even the dealer….
Texas Gambling: The Morality vs Legality of Casino Gambling
– For years casino gambling was portrayed in the media and Hollywood as being associated with criminal activities and the mafia. Now with proper scrutiny and government regulations casino gambling has become a lucrative business, with casinos stock even trading on Wall Street. Casino gambling is an ever increasingly popular and legal activity in many states throughout the United States. “The term gambling or ‘gaming’ as the industry calls it, means any legalized form of wagering or betting conducted in a casino, on a riverboat, on an Indian reservation, or at any other location under the jurisdiction of the United States” (National Gambling Impact Study Commission Act)….