The Independent Games Movement
– For any fan of video games today, they may have realized a certain breed of game that has risen to prevalence over the years after a large period of time languishing in the “underground” of conventional games development. These games have become more prominent due to the fan bases which support them, and also due to the constant attention from mainstream gaming media and larger gaming companies. These are independent games – games that are created without the boon of a publisher’s funding. Usually crafted by smaller teams of designers, artists and programmers, the independent gaming movement is looked upon as the “punk era of gaming culture” (as explained by indie developer, Rami Ismail)….
The Significance of the Concepts of ‘Convergence’ and ‘Localisation’ for Understanding Today’s Global Video Games Industry?
– The video games industry today has evolved, adapted and advanced dramatically involving profoundly new and improved technologies, increasing communication (online and through the social aspect of gaming) and entertainment, since it first emerged in the 1920’s with the early pinball machines, continuing further into the 1960’s, with the first videogame called ‘Space War’ produced in 1962 by Steve Russell (Merino 2006) and further developing to become the successful multi billion global phenomenon that it is today….
Launching a Successful Digital Mobile Business
– Introduction Since I was a child the idea of being a business owner has been a dream of mine. I never knew the requirements of starting, running or growing a business; however, I knew I needed to design a product to sell. In the 6th grade I approached my parents and told them when I grow up I want to own a business. I vividly remember my Father laughing while my Mother smiled and told me that it took a lot of work, time and experience to own and run a business. I decided to do some research, getting on the family computer I found out that a popular way to develop a business was to learn computer programming and write software….
The Production of Video Games Taught At School
– … Students who are interested in video games may be able to think about majoring in this field if it is taught at school because they would have an experience on how fun a certain game is that it is possible for the students to give feedback about the game and how to improve it. Video game developers need the skill of mathematics and computer programming in order to become one and this may be easy for some gamers because the math needed for developing video games are from Algebra, but Geometry and Trigonometry are needed depending on the type of video game that one would develop (HobbyGameDev)….
Zynga: From Jewel Quest to Worl of War Craft
– … Whenever Zynga would launch a new game out, they would acquire users from its existing games which would also be a cross sell. “However, this has a lot to do with momentum. If a game falls through in between, the audience carry-over suffers. In general, social gaming companies maximize revenues by making users play more games, thereby creating more monetization opportunities”. (Chaudary 1) Zynga lost users due to its spamming problem, which allowed users to only move up a level if they sent a request to one of their Facebook friends….