Rococo and Neoclassical Style
– The Rococo art style in the 18th was a decorative style of art that originated in the hotels and salons of Paris. S and C curves, shells, wings, scrolls, plant tendril forms, and cartouches meaning elaborate frame, all distinguished Rococo. However, the Neoclassicism art style in the late 18th century portrayed the middle class society and unlike the composition of Rococo painted ceilings, its composition is simpler with limited figures. The Rococo and Neoclassical styles of art were both influenced by European life, reflected Europe’s culture, and had different political and social themes….
Francisco Goya : Father of Modern Art
– One of the greatest artists in the history of art, Francisco Jose de Goya y Lucientes had his own and very peculiar life story that affected the way in which he viewed society in the different stages of his life. He became the pioneer of many new artistic tendencies that came about in the 19th century and his work extended over a period of 60 years in which he was both very acclaimed, and badly criticized. Francisco Goya, artist whose different paintings, drawings, and engravings reflected contemporary historical upheavals, influenced many important painters in the centuries that have followed….
Biography of Paula Scher
– American graphic designer, painter, and art educator Paula Scher has been active and well know in the art scene for four decades. She worked in the recorded business, creating icon album covers. Some of which can still be found today, in recorded stores and on iTunes. She also co founded Koppel & Scher, which they produced identities, packaging, book jackets, and advertising designs. A large portion of her career she has spent as a partner at Pentagram’s New York office. She is also an educator at the School of Visual Art in New York….
The Timeline of Art
– Timeline of Art The Thread: The thread which joins all the isms in the twentieth century are its slow evolution from one period to another. As artists from one concepts were exploring a certain idea that led to another either just for the sake of the curiosity or by sheer boredom. Therefore my paper deals with the evolution of different isms in this century. Fauvism: From 1904-7, for a very brief period, a few Paris painters evolved a style of painting that earned the name Les Fauves (wild beasts)….
Rembrandt: Master Etcher and Painter
– Walter Bagehot once said “The best history is but like the art of Rembrandt; it casts a vivid light on certain selected causes, on those which were best and greatest; it leaves all the rest in shadow and unseen.” Rembrandt had a unique way of grasping a person’s personality and emotion by expressing it on his canvasses. Rembrandt who spent most of his life in the Netherlands is known as one of the most famous Dutch artists in history. While many know Rembrandt for his paintings, Rembrandt is considered to be one of the most famous self-taught etchers in history….