The Role of Database Administrator
– … They usually have a specialty in a field in organizing, refining or gathering. Responsibility of database jobs The responsibility of a database administrator is to serve as the link between the database designers, knowledge managers and users. The database designers are often brought in for completing specific projects and then moving onto other projects at other companies or different departments at the same company. Their job are usually finished when they finish designing the database. While they may be used in the future to perform some modifications to the database, they rarely work together with companies on a day-to-day basis….
Physical Database Design and Performance
– A proper physical database design is one of the most important steps that a database designer can complete to impact the overall performance of the database. When doing the physical database design it is important for the designer to understand what type of data is going to be included and how this data will be used. To better understand why this is important lets first break down a few of the basic elements that are important when completing the physical database design. One of the most basic measures that most be examined and planned involves the smallest units within the database, the fields….
– INTRODUCTION Few companies today are able to exist without an information technology department. Whether a large multinational conglomerate or a small retail establishment, nearly all companies rely on computers to some degree. Some companies are highly dependent on computer systems, while others use them only for accounting and related tasks. Every organization, even the smallest company, has at least one person whose job entails making sure that the computer system is up and running, or at least knowing who to call when the computer system goes down….
– Database Design Scenario Currently a school uses a non-computerised database system to store the following information about its students: roll class, surname, first name, guardian’s name, address, student’s date of birth, gender, sport house, emergency-contact telephone number, mailing name, list of subjects offered, and subjects in which the student is enrolled. The system takes up a large amount of space, has many duplicated entries some of these with mistakes and it is time consuming to search….
Database design process
– Abstract Database Systems has a practical, hands-on approach that makes it uniquely suited to providing a strong foundation in good database design practice. Database design is more art than science. While it’s true that a properly designed database should follow the normal forms and the relational model, you still have to come up with a design that reflects the business you are trying to model. This paper shows describes design process of database project. The importance of Completing the Design Process An important point to keep in mind is that the level of structural integrity and data integrity is in direct proportion to how thoroughly the design process is followed…. ;