The skills gap in Big Data analytics
– Our every day life has changed forever, thanks for the ubiquitous smart phones and technology dependent information age. We leave a trail of data while travelling, shopping, driveing, bloggin, and even voting. All of these activities leave a digital signature unique to us, which if analyzed can predict our next move. Similarly, a large set of data is being created each day by businesses, researchers and the World Wide Web. According to an estimate by the government, there are about 1.2 zettabytes (250 billion DVDs) of electronic data generated each year by everything from underground physics experiments and telescopes to retail transactions and Twitter posts (Mervis 22)….
Computer Science: Data Mining
– Data mining is an analytic process of exploring huge amount of data, extract useful information, finding consistent patterns and trends between variables, and build predictive computer models from the relationship discovered using a combination of classical statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. The findings are then applied to new subsets of data to test its validity. It performs two essential tasks, descripting and predicting. Descriptive mining tasks characterize the general properties of the data in database….
Data Mining and Privacy-an ethical look
– Data Mining and Privacy-an ethical look I. Introduction In 2001, the MIT Technology Review listed data mining as one of the top 10 technologies that will change the world.[i] So, what is data mining. For many people, the simple answer is that data mining is the collecting of people’s information when logged onto the Internet. But Webopedia emphasizes that data mining is not the collection of data itself, but the statistical interpretation of it – allowing people to obtain new information or find hidden patterns within that collected data.[ii] It is the combination of these, collection and analysis, which are cause for concern….
Big Data and Data Analytics
– In today’s society, technology has become more advanced than the human’s mind. Companies want to make sure that their information systems stay up-to-date with the rapidly growing technology. It is very important to senior-level executives and board of directions of companies that their systems can produce the right and best information for their company to result in a greater outcome and new organizational capabilities. Big data and data analytics are one of those important factors that contribute to a successful company and their updated software and information systems….
A Career as a Political Scientist
– The career that I decided to do my research on is a Political Scientist. I chose this career because it’s something I would want to do for the rest of my life. Politics has a great role in American society. As a political scientist you make the people’s voices heard and help up hold the foundations of democracy; whether that is as an elected official, or as an analyst helping senators make key decisions on a bill about to pass in their state, Political scientists make a difference. History The beginning of western politics goes back to the “Socrates” philosophers; which consists of Plato, Xenophon, and Aristotle (who is known as the “father of political science”) Most of their most famous…