Curriculum Standards Should Align College and Work Expectation
– … Both institutions faired the same with written syllabus and guidelines to follow. Ultimately, they are both conscious of graduation rates for their institutions. How do teachers feel about the program. “Teachers have been given ownership of the curriculum and assessments and that has led to them buying into the framework. Overall, I would say that they find value in the process and the ownership that has been afforded to them” (Minnich). Campus Dean, Engle, noted that the faculty feels uneasy when building new curriculum, sharing built curriculum with adjunct faculty, and worried that with changes their position would become obsolete….
Teaching Human Sexuality in the High School Curriculum
– … Analysis of the Questions Presented Attempting to navigate the perilous waters of free speech can be quite a daunting task when it involves mandated curricular lessons in a school setting. Religious neutrality must be maintained in such a setting. A teacher at Edward R. Murrow high school is a state actor and must abide by the rules of the New York State Board of Regents. This proves to be a legal conundrum. This paper will attempt to navigate through these waters by providing support for both sides of the argument….
Curriculum Mapping and Alignment, NCATE Assessment
– The aligning of the written curriculum to state standards is an important step in the curriculum development process. Curriculum alignment, as defined by Glatthorn, is the process of aligning the written curriculum, the tested curriculum and the supported curriculum to make the taught curriculum more effective. (2004). In turn, it is hoped that a more effective taught curriculum will prepare students to perform better on the tested curriculum. South Western School District teachers revised the K-12 Health curriculum in October 2007….
Best Career Choice – Web Administrator
– Abstract This proposal will provide the information that a high school student will need to make a decision on a career choice in the field of web administration. The results of the research conducted, will provide an insight into how students can turn their passion for computers into a life long career. The profession is full of opportunities and earning potential. Students can begin to prepare themselves in their early stages of their education in order to reach their desired goals. I have a basic reason for submitting this proposal….
Should a School Administrator Invest in an Instructional Coach?
– Should an Administrator Invest in an Instructional Coach. After a year of finding my way as an instructional coach, learning by trial and error, and educating myself about strategies for guiding my colleagues, I’d like to share what I’ve learned about my experience. Administrators who are seeking to improve student achievement by improving teacher effectiveness might want to consider the value of having such a teacher on a building staff. When my principal called me with the idea of becoming a part-time teacher and part-time instructional coach, I had recently completed my National Board Certification in adolescent and young adult English language arts, and was eager to serve as a teacher le…