Ten Steps of Coffee Production
– Coffee is one of the most valuable primary products in te world trade, in many years second in value only to oil as a source of foreign exchange to producing countries (Coffee Organization, n.d). For developing countries, coffee has been very crucial for the development of their economy and politics. Based on an article by International Coffee Organization (n.d.), more than two billions cups of coffee are drunk worldwide every day. Statistically, more than 400 billion cups coffee consumed every year and there are over 80 countries grown coffee (Michiel K et al, 2004) Nowadays, coffee shops have become a known social meeting place since coffee become a daily routine (Cleland, 2010)….
The Maize Crop in Pakistan
– … Stalks of maize are used for paper board, husk is used as filling material, and cobs are used for fuel make, charcoal and preparation of industrial solvents. Regarding as a source of animal feed, maize exceeds all other forage crops in average yield, dry matter and digestible nutrient. Green maize forage is high in vitamin A and green fodder contains 1.56% protein, 0.30% fat and 5.27% fiber but has no cholesterol (Shafique et al. 2011). Besides its edible consumption, it provides raw material for many industries….
Increasing Food Production in Underdeveloped Countries
– Many developing and developed countries are concerned about the adaptation of crops towards various abiotic stress conditions in food production industry. Considering the crop improvement and food production, they are highly influenced anticipated variations in temperatures and rainfall. This review deals with the following aspects of agricultural biotechnology: (1) the role of two key biotechnology approaches namely, molecular breeding and genetic engineering in crop development; (2) explains the integration of these two modern technologies with the conventional breeding technique, which makes crops more tolerant to abiotic stresses and (3) Potential constraints for crop production that nee…
A Career as a Sheet Metal Worker
– … 17) Maintaining, fabricating, and installing thin sheet metal products are some other things that sheet metal workers do. (“Sheet Metal Workers.” para. 9) Even though sheet metal is mostly used to make HVAC ducts, it is also used to make rain gutters, outdoor signs, and metal siding. (“Sheet Metal Workers.” para. 9) Sheet metal workers use bonds, metal drive clips, caulks, solder, rivets, cement, bolts, and welds to fasten seams together. (“Sheet Metal Worker.” para. 2) Using shears, hammers, punches, and drills, sheet metal workers fabricate and alter parts….
Weed Control Management in Crop Production
– Weed Control Management in Crop Production Eons ago, our ancestors were a nomadic peoples that relied on their physical abilities as well as luck to survive. Our ancestors were a people that obtained their food through hunting and gathering. With the intelligence inherent of the human race, our ancestors soon realized that the hunting and gathering life style was not very reliable, nor did it allow much in the way of free time. The search began for an easier way to get food. Soon people realized that if they grew their vegetables close by and put up fences to keep the animals in, they would have a fairly reliable and easily attainable food source….