Being a Criminologist
– Criminology is an interesting and unique career. It may not be a well-known occupation for the average teenager, but the career is extremely intriguing. I was raised knowing more things than most children do. I spent countless times eavesdropping whenever my dad was talking to my mom about the cases he was working on. Some point along the way I decided I wanted to know why these people did the things they do. Criminology seemed like the best occupation for me. There are many different aspect and factors to criminologists….
Relation between Politics and Justice
– … Rawls drifts away from the idea of utilitarianism by presenting two principles of justice. (1) Each person has an equal right to a fully adequate scheme of equal basic rights and liberties, which scheme is compatible with a similar scheme for all and (2) Social and economic inequalities are to satisfy two conditions; first they must be attached to offices and positions open to all under conditions of fair equality of opportunity and second, they must be the greatest benefit of the least advantaged members of society….
Is Criminal Behaviour Inherited or Learned?
– Criminologists and sociologist have long been in debate for century’s to explain criminal behaviour. The two main paradigms of thought are between ‘nature’ and ‘nurture’. Nature is in reference to a learnt behaviour where a multitude of characteristics, in society influence whether a person becomes deviant such as poverty, physical abuse or neglect. Nurture defines biological features which could inevitability lead to a individuals deviant or criminal behaviour, because criminality is believed by biological positivist to be inherited from a persons parents…. ;
Aspects of Criminology
– Criminology is defined as an interdisciplinary profession built around the scientific study of crime and criminal behavior including their forms, causes, legal aspects, and control. There are many aspects in the field of criminology. These aspects include the areas of research involved, the criminology schools of thought, theoretical developments and the people involved in creating and developing the theories. What role do criminologists play in the field of criminology. The term criminologist is used to describe any individual who is employed in the criminal justice field regardless of formal training…. ;
Can Criminologists Provide an Adequate Explanation to Serial Killers
– This essay aims to provide an answer to whether or not criminologists can provide an adequate explanation for serial killing. Academic experts and police believe that serial killing is the rarest form of homicide, however a serial killer is categorised as an individual who has killed three or more people, who were previously unknown to the killer, with a ‘cooling-off’ period between killings. Psychological explanations of crime provide a unique way of looking at criminals. They are more focused on the individual itself, rather than its surroundings and thus have huge input into trying to explain and categorise serial killing…. ;