The Construction of Palm Island, Dubai
– The amazing technology that was used in the construction of Palm Islands in Dubai. In construction, technology may be used as means to perfect, accelerate the time of construction and perform the seemingly impossible. Palm Islands was a complex project in the sense that only natural materials were used and the shape was somewhat peculiar. This land reclamation project increased Dubai’s shoreline by 75km where 94 million cubic meters of sand and 5.5 million cubic meters of stone were used to create the palm shaped island on which luxury villas and hotels were to be later built, C.Gibling (2013, pg 4)….
Tower Crane: The Machine that Saved Lots of Homeless People in Hong Kong
– Hong Kong is well known for its development throughout the city. However it’s a really small city where buildings and homes have to be built taller and smaller, in a size where 7.155 millions of people has to fit in. Therefore the construction process requires a specialist machine. Tower crane is the machine that saved lots of homeless people. This machine is used worldwide. It helps to construct anything that is tall or heavy, the height reaches hundred feet tall and could reach far. Not only it’s the life saving machine to build apartments, lift steels and concrete but it’s also a machine that has physics behind it….
Use and Maintenance of Cranes
– As is known, people always have produced technological tools to facilitate their work, so cranes are one of the best inventions produced by people. This invention is the use of energy in machine.Before the invention, Man power and animal power was used in order to lift up very big and heavy materials, but Technological developments have appeared in this case and Cranes are produced.” First crane design was drawn at B.C. 5th century by Roman architect Vitreous.”(Wikipedia, 2013). If we explain the Crane; “ The crane has a pulley located at the top of….
A Study of the Construction Industry
– Construction industry has long been criticized for its poor performance with many project failing and not meeting the client expectation. After major reports like Sir John Egan landmarks ‘Rethinking Construction’ report (Egan, 1998), major studies are carried out in different procurement routes, management system and technique and construction method. But beyond these, it has been growing interest for demand of studies to be conducted on the ‘softer’ factors such organizational culture. In the past 20 years there has been a growing research interest into this ‘soft’ area which is critical to the management of construction projects….
Constructions Environmental Management System
– … 7- Healthy places in living and working. 8- Demonstration of Corporate Social Responsibility. 9- Future-proofed assets. 10- Competitive advantage. The Advanced Technology Centre in Swinburne University is a reflection of green star which was completed by Kane constructions in January 2011 in 22,000m2. The ATC building was designed with significant sustainable features and it was the first building to achieve five green stars. However, Kane has promised its clients to minimise the environmental impact and achieving the sustainability by improving and preventing the pollution during the construction time….