The World of Fashion was Changed by Designer, Muriel King
– … Muriel was born in the Bay view,Washington in 1900.She went to school as an art student and went to the University of Washington.She learned a lot at the university and had the chance to experience designing costumes.She would on the side design theater costumes.That is when her whole fashion career started.She moved to New York in the early 1920’s to start her designing career.She started off with becoming a fashion illustrator for the magazines Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar.In 1932 she opened up her own shop at East 61st Street in New York.She worked as a designer for many films like Sylvia Scarlett(1935) and Stage door(1937)…. ;
The Elephant Mask Costume and the Costume of Airowayoye
– In Gallery 101 acquisition number 1999.76 at the Dayton Art Institute, you will find the Kuosi (Elephant Mask) Society Costume of the Bamileke people in Cameroon, Africa. Standing almost six feet tall (67 inches), the elephant mask costume was worn during Tso (elephant dance) by a secret society of warriors dedicated to protecting their king. Today the costume maintains order in the Bamileke society and reminds the king that he is not above the gods. The elephant mask costume is worn to display the king’s wealth at the Kuosi celebration…. ;
Selecting a Disciple-Maker’s Message
– Introduction Message selection, for the disciple-maker, is an all-important endeavor. Effective disciple making does not just simply happen. Happenstance cannot be and should not be the modus operandi of one who desires to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People are fragile and the Gospel is powerful. God has entrusted his fragile people with a powerful Gospel message. As people who have been entrusted with such a powerful Gospel, we should do everything within our means to see that it is presented in a positive and successful manner….
Ken Sande’s The Peace Maker
– Ken Sande’s “The Peace Maker” A “biblical guide to resolving personal conflict”, this, in a nutshell is what “The Peace Maker” is all about. In this critical book review I will be taking topics from the book and giving the reader my personal views on how I either reacted or related to the topics covered. My goal for this paper is to give the reader a non-biased opinion of “The Peace Maker”, which was published by Baker Books in June of 2004. To first critique a book you must have some background information on the author himself and why he is qualified to write a book on conflict management through a biblical perspective….
The Nightmare Maker
– Chapter Four: He looked me in the eyes as I listened to what he said. “So I think you are in grave danger with the other nightmare makers because they want to know what you do to get through the dream catchers,” he finished. I nodded slowly, I felt his eyes on me as I began to walk back to my desk. “That’s it!. You’re not going to worry at all?” he asked me with a pitch of anxiety in his voice. I lifted my eyes slowly after I turned around. Once I met his eyes there was a bit of humor in my voice when I said, “Worry….