Human Resource Management and Training
– … Ho (2003, p.35) stated that classroom lecture training is a learning approaches that are effective in delivering factual information and knowledge acquisition. In this sense, it involves a subject matter expert to deliver information in form of oral presentation to a group of participants. Classroom lecture is frequently used training means. ASTD (2010) reported that 58.8 percent of all formal learning uses the classroom lecture approaches in training and development. Fam (2005, p.200) expresses the view that classroom lecture is a popular mean due to low cost and time saving….
The Differences Between a Human Resource Manager and a Personal Manager
– … Human Resource management gives greater thrust on dealing with each employee independently and gives more importance to customer-focused developmental Activities and facilitating individual employees rather than bargaining or negotiating with trade unions. Marks and Spencer’s HRM Marks and Spencer’s Human Resource Management would have to be very efficient and resourceful so that all of their responsibilities are carried out well and smoothly. The reason why M&S use the HR approach instead of personnel management is because it suits the modern managing style of the organisation and as I mentioned in my pervious paragraph that personnel management is more traditional and it cannot be appl…
Corporate Social Responsibility
– Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the corporate event sector can be for everyone operating in this sector a basis for innovations, opportunities and competitive advantages with regard to social, environmental and economic aspects. This essay deals with the question what CSR is and how it influences the corporate event industry in the UK, as well as with the strategies companies have to do to generate a sustainable company structure and how they can advise their workforce to improve responsibility….
Function of a Public Relations Manager
– The post of Public Relationship Manager or Public Relations (PR) deals with the activities an entity carries on to enhance its image in the public (Wisegeek, 2011). It encompasses all the communication practices that aim at exposing the company to the public in a good light to captivate the interests of existing and potential customers, investors, lenders, employees, and to promote a good relationship with governmental regulatory bodies. Job description A PR manager undertakes a supervisory role over the public relations staff as they implement programs aimed at publicizing the firm….
Acquired Skills of a Top-Level Manager
– Successful organizations have strong leaders and managers that develop, support, and encourage employee longevity within a company. There is a significant difference between leadership and management. Leadership is a notion of communication and organization’s vision, whereas management is more of the implementation of the organization’s vision. When referring leadership and management, the two are closely linked, yet both mean and hold different task and responsibilities. My interview subject, Michelle Farkas explains her understanding in the differences of supporting roles for supervisors, managers, and leaders….