Antoni Gaudi’s Works and Their Influence on Modern Spanish Architecture
– The well-known Spanish architect, Antoni Gaudi, once said, “Originality consists of returning to the origin. Thus, originality means returning, through one’s resources, to the simplicity of the early solutions.” (qtd. in Craven n.p.) This quote is a great reflection of Gaudi’s unique style and works. Barcelonian architecture in the time of Gaudi was characterised by the Catalan Modernisme movement. Gaudi, being one of the movement’s representatives, showed his creativity and his individuality though his works which were inspired by nature…. ;
Dicken’s Views on Victorian England’s Class System
– Great Expectations, a novel written by Charles Dickens during the Victorian era. This novel was set in early Victorian England at a time when great social changes were taking place. During the late eighteenth and nineteenth century, the Industrial Revolution had transformed the social landscape, allowing industrialists and manufacturers to accumulate huge fortunes that would otherwise have been inaccessible. Aside from the political and economic change which occurred, a profound social change took place…. ;
The Influence of Fashion on Self Esteem
– … To Weber,M. and Heussen,V.(2000), clothing is one of the five essentials necessary to sustain life. We employ millions of people and provide for their families well-being. It matters to you and it affects how you feel about yourself and how others perceive you. Our clothes, in the simplest terms, provide cover, warmth and protection. Also, on a deeper level, clothes allow you to feel special and individualistic, allow you to stand out or blend in, while providing you with the ability to be comfortable in your head as well as with your body…. ;
Socialism in Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable
– Mulk Raj Anand’s half a dozen novels deal with the social issues in pre-independent India. Unlike the other Indian Social novelists, Anand dealt with the theme of lowest strata of Indian Society – the untouchables., M. R. Anand‘s special quality is that he had the first hand experience of all that he wrote. Anand elevates the level of discourse to a moral essay on humanism where art is concerned with the truth of the human condition. In the present article I am going to focus on the practice of the untouchability popular in pre-independent India….
Interaction between Society, Economy and Environment
– … away from Ramsar. Its population in 2010 estimated around 9800 people (2470 families). Figure 5: Jvaherdeh position Source: Google earth.com This region is used for 4 month of the year and the rest it run through watchman and janitors who protect the village. People of the village are engaged with livestock, agriculture, horticulture, etc. and their handicrafts include pottery, coppersmith, etc. This village is nominated as a nature-dominated village because of its beautiful environment and its cloud coasts which motivate a lot of tourists to come and visit….