A Study of the Construction Industry
– Construction industry has long been criticized for its poor performance with many project failing and not meeting the client expectation. After major reports like Sir John Egan landmarks ‘Rethinking Construction’ report (Egan, 1998), major studies are carried out in different procurement routes, management system and technique and construction method. But beyond these, it has been growing interest for demand of studies to be conducted on the ‘softer’ factors such organizational culture. In the past 20 years there has been a growing research interest into this ‘soft’ area which is critical to the management of construction projects….
Constructions Environmental Management System
– … 7- Healthy places in living and working. 8- Demonstration of Corporate Social Responsibility. 9- Future-proofed assets. 10- Competitive advantage. The Advanced Technology Centre in Swinburne University is a reflection of green star which was completed by Kane constructions in January 2011 in 22,000m2. The ATC building was designed with significant sustainable features and it was the first building to achieve five green stars. However, Kane has promised its clients to minimise the environmental impact and achieving the sustainability by improving and preventing the pollution during the construction time….
– ABSTRACT “SIMULATION OF CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITES USING PROCESS SIMULATION SOFTWARE FOR EFFICIENCY IN COST, DURATION AND PRODUCTIVITY” A construction project involves numerous complex construction activities, which are influenced by uncertainties. A considerable number of activities cannot be experimented before the actual project because they would cost a noteworthy amount of time and money. These construction activities can be analyzed using simulation software packages. There are various simulation software packages available in the market….
– In the construction domain, the semantic web has been used in the field of construction education, supply chain, project and construction management, material storage, project design, architecture and graphic designs, etc. In the field of construction education, repositories have been developed in managing objects as well as metadata using ontologies that offers a set of services such as storing, retrieving and searching of learning objects using semantic web technologies(Ahmed et al. 2007; Pathmeswaran and Ahmed 2009; Arguello et al….
Management of Field Construction Projects
– The objective of this report is to present and discuss the management of field construction projects. These projects involve a great deal of time and expense, so close control and management is paramount if they are to be completed within the established time and cost limitations. The term construction management is applied to the provision of professional management services to the owner of a construction project with the objective of achieving high quality with low costs. A specialist project manager organises, schedules, and controls the field work and is responsible for getting the project completed within the time and cost limitations….