The Use of Reinforced Concrete in Modernism
– The usage of concrete was explored by the Early Christian and Roman architects but fell out of use throughout the Middle Ages and Renaissance period. The material was only fully explored again in the later half of the 19th century but only for mundane purposes where the material was cheap, easy to work with, and versatile, but most importantly it’s fireproof characteristic. In 1870, the idea of reinforcing the concrete was born; steel rods were to be inserted to increase its strength. Taking this principle, Ernest Ransome (America) and Francois Hennebique (France) both developed frame systems….
Concrete Poetry – A Unique Genre
– Concrete poetry presents its readers with a unique and often confounding situation. In addition to using language or parts of language in non-traditional ways, concrete poetry also uses elements that are more commonly associated with visual art. However, concrete poetry is not visual art. It is still concerned, primarily, with the use of language, generally to communicate some meaning to the reader in a way that is undeniably linguistic in nature. Concrete poetry is therefore an especially unique genre that draws upon and incorporates many different concepts from a variety of disciplines in order to fill in the gaps left when traditional grammar and syntax are eschewed….
Properties Of High?lime Fly Ash Concrete
– PROPERTIES OF HIGH?LIME FLY ASH CONCRETE ABSTRACT Fly ash is a waste product from coal based thermal power stations. About seven million tons of fly ash is being produced annually from these thermal power stations in Turkey. Concerted efforts are needed to make the material used to a great extent. These paper give the results of an investigation on the performance of fly ash concrete made with ASTM C class fly ashes from two sources. PC42,5 cement used in the experiments conforms to TS19 (Turkish Standards)….
Sustainable Development of Concrete Production
– Sustainable Development in Concrete Production According to the Department of Environment (Environ, 2007), sustainable development is defined as “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”. For example, the use of sustainable concrete in future developments leads to a more durable and economical structure, with significant environmental benefits. Concrete, a crucial material in building construction, is the world’s most produced material….
Concrete Bridge Project
– In the past, it is not much pedestrian traffic along the street because of the lower population. However, due to the population increasing in 1960-70s.The government considerate that the number of pedestrian traffic such as footbridge is so important, so the government have to increase the total number of all pedestrian traffic like footbridge. With the time changed, the safety and technical of bridge structure form has also changed and improved. Nowadays, almost footbridge in Hong Kong is made by concrete including prestressed concrete bridge….