Biography of Composer John Dowland
– John Dowland (1563-1626) was a composer of Renaissance England and considered one of the most prolific and well-known composers of English lute song. A composer and accomplished lutenist, he is probably the most well traveled English composer of his time. Through his travels he was exposed to the musical elements of his Italian, French and German contemporaries. He developed his own musical language, in which he created a unique style for the lute song. As a composer, he focused on the development of melodic material and was able to elegantly blend words and music with a wide range of emotion and technique….
Music oo4 Composer Report on Carlo Gesualdo
– I would like to start my report by saying that this is not the composer I was originally going to write about. I started out by looking up all the composers, and choosing Johannes Brahms because he looked like Santa Claus. I also liked him after reading more about him and then listening to one of his works called A German Requiem. However, I was not fully satisfied and began reading about other composers when I came upon Carlo Gesualdo. His story has the most drama and shock factor that I have read so far and thus caught my attention and provoked me to write my report on him….
A Composer Report on Florence Price
– Composer Report I chose to do my composer report on Florence Price. Florence Price was born April 9, 1887 in Little Rock, Arkansas to Florence Gulliver and James H. Smith. She had two siblings. Florence gave her first recital at four years old. She attended the same elementary school as William Grant Still where they both studied under educator Charlotte Andrews Stephens. Florence Price is considered the first black woman in the United States to be recognized as a symphonic composer. Her training was steeped in European tradition, but still Price’s music consists of mostly the American idiom and reveals her Southern roots….
John Adams, An American Composer
– … In the era of late 1960’s Adams attended Harvard University and appeared as a Clarinetists along with the band named Boston Symphony. John Coolidge Adams is an American music composer, who gained popularity for his composing music lyrics. His words are well expressed and in the past 25 years he changed the music composition to a new expensive as well as expressive language. He was born and grew up in the New England. In the early days of his life when he accompanied his father, le learned about the marching bands and orchestras….
Igor Stravinsky, a Russian Composer
– … When he was fifteen, he had mastered Mendelssohn’s Piano Concerto in G minor. Stravinsky also finished a piano reduction of a string quartet by Glazunov, who allegedly thought that Igor was unmusical and considered him to have poor skills. His parents saw how much he loved music but didn’t want him to pursue it as a job. They enrolled him in the University of Saint Petersburg in 1901. Stravinsky was told to become a lawyer. Vladimir Rimsky-Korsakov, son of composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korakove, was a fellow student at Saint Petersburg….