Anti-Finger Smudge Coating
– Introduction Our design project is over anti-finger smudge technology. This technology has been a major subject of research with the advent of hand-held, touch screen devices such as phones and tablets. Anyone who has held a mobile phone or handheld game knows that in a short period of time, the glass display becomes visibly dirty without anti-smudge coatings. Unwanted finger print smudges on touch screen surfaces significantly reduces the performance and utility of the device, as well as the quality of the image and the enjoyment of the user….
The Surface Coating Field
– … Although wear has been extensively studied scientifically, still wear problems persist in industrial applications. This actually reveals the complexity of the wear phenomenon . The factors affecting wear are . • Factors related to material properties, e.g., hardness, toughness, microstructure and chemical composition • Factors connected with operating conditions, e.g., contacting surfaces, contact pressure, relative velocity, operating temperature, and surface finish • Environmental conditions There are quite a few terms to describe various wear modes; however, these modes can be clubbed into four principal categories  1….
The Applications of Typical as-plasma-sprayed Hydroxapatite Coatings as Medical Implants
– … The crystalline surface promotes poor initial bone fixation and the ACP base imparts low structural integrity of the HA coatings [Rs]. The last is of particular importance because a brittle nature of the ACP phase has been frequently held responsible for deterioration of the HA coating’s bonding strength [Rs]. Additionally, an open porosity and/or transverse micro-cracks could enable penetration of body fluids to coating/substrate interface region in this way causing a dissolution of the ACP base and premature loss of coating’s functionality….
The Development of New Coating Materials
– … A major commercial application of PECVD processing has been to deposit silicon nitride films in order to passivate and encapsulate completely fabricated microelectronic devices. At this stage the latter cannot tolerate temperatures much above 300 °C. The reactant gases first flow through the axis of the chamber and then radially outward across rotating substrates, that rest on one plate of an rf-coupled capacitor. This diode configuration enables a reasonably uniform and controllable film deposition to occur….
Robert Nozick?s Happiness and the Experience Machine
– … This is clearly shown by comparing two different lives but with the same amount of happiness in them, one is slopes continuously upward to increasing happiness in their entire lives as time goes on. The other life slopes continuously downward. Despite the equal amount of happiness, the first one seems like more satisfactory life. There are always good in the future to expect, and things are always getting better. The second situation has the added pleasures of remembering past happiness, though things continue to slopes downward….