The Theme of Being a Hostess in Hostess
– The Theme of Being a Hostess in Hostess My best friend was about to turn 18, and because I was her closest friend, I decided to celebrate her birthday at my home. I invited eighty of our high school friends, which was an enormous mistake. I felt like I just became in charge of an oversized kindergarten class. I was amazed at how difficult it was to become a hostess for eighty teenagers who had no idea what manners were. I ran around the house, kicking people out of bedrooms, filling up the drinks and food, and wiping up spills that were everywhere….
Deception in The Joy Luck Club
– Deception binds the characters of the Joy Luck Club together. In the Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan depicts deception at almost every turn in the novel. Mothers often help their daughters through deceptive comments; husbands hide secrets from their wives through deceptive acts. Even best friends deceive each other as they struggle for one reason or another. Throughout the story, deception is an irreplaceable tool for parenting; for attempting to keep marriages together, or maintaining friendships. From time to time, it grows out of control from a benign lecture to a life changing scam….
Hostess, Peace Weaver, and Mother
– Within the pages of the well-known epic poem are many extraordinary and warring narratives of the Middle Ages. Beowulf is important because it is one of the most ancient European epics written in the vernacular, or native tongue. The seemingly super natural heroes of this exciting and famous writing have a great impact on the typical roles of their women. As declared through out the many lines of the astonishing poem, the women have many purposes and serve a variety of roles. Wealhtheow, Hygd, Hildeburh, Freawaru, and Grendel’s Mother give examples of the historical roles that are expected of the women of this ancient time….
The Joy Luck Club
– The Joy Luck Club, by Amy Tan shows a group of families and their difficulties throughout their lives. In a section of the novel Lindo Jong, a Chinese mother, is reflecting and explaining the past that she endured; especially one specific experience that had a severe impact on her life. She, like many other characters in novels, is eventually pulled into a situation where there are two possible choices which will affect the life of the character in an important way and in that scenario the character much make a difficult choice between the two….
Infinity Night Club: Exceeding My Expectations
– “You may delay, but time will not.”It has been almost a year since I arrived to America. I still clearly remembered how shy I was when I first stepped into my host family’s house. Apparently, life in the U.S is absolutely contrasting to one in Vietnam. I had to suffer from a very miserable culture shock for a long period of time. Everything was new for me. I felt so nervous and confused whenever I went out. As a result, I spent most of my time at home to watch movies, play computer games, and listen to music in the first 3 months….