Relationship Between Climatologic Natural Disasters and Terrorism
– In the wake of the devastating earthquake that hit Port-au-Prince, Haiti, questions have surfaced concerning the future stability within the country . Though the estimates of the number of casualties range between the tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands depending upon the source, the scale and variance of the estimates are telling signs of the destruction and chaos that the earthquake has generated. As the Haitian people begin the long and arduous task of rebuilding both their own lives and their country, one must ask how this shock will affect the underlying political and societal stability….
Global Warming Is Occuring Because of Mankind’s Consumption
– … It is predicted that by 2050 we could reach 500ppm unless we use alternate and safe forms of energy. This is concerning because our current CO2 emissions come from fossil fuels that are used to produced 80% of the world’s energy, and coal puts the most CO2 into the air out of all fossil fuels. The US emits 2 billion tons of CO2 in the air per year and this is only 25% of the world’s total emissions. Coal is the main source of power and it takes a lot of it to keep the world moving. Five 180 foot tall high boilers use 25 tons of coal each minute, producing more than 3,000 mega watts of electricity…. ;
Taking a Look at Climate Change
– … Al Gore isn’t an expert either neither is Leonardo DiCaprio or Danny Glover or any of the activists on television urging action on global warming. What actors, politicians, and lawyers believe is irrelevant to our understanding of climate science. The beliefs of media experts and journalists, even the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is irrelevant; what matters is what shown through properly published research which is why it’s the researchers who are considered the experts and that’s true all scientific disciplines….
Global Warming: Fallacy or Truth
– Over 35 years ago, climatologist Wally Broecker coined the term global warming in a paper outlining the trends that he was noticing with temperature and C02 levels (Stefan). Ever since then, the debate has heated up on the controversy of global warming. Politicians have even used the issue to boost their campaigns. Some question whether the earth’s temperature is rising at an unusual rate. Scientists perform experiments from glacial ice to observe the correlation between carbon dioxide levels and temperature….
Global Warming is Causing the Destruction of the Environment
– Global Warming is Causing the Destruction of the Environment There is no dispute about the basic facts of this issue: carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas; the world’s automobiles and power plants pour nearly 6 billion tons of it into the air every year; and there are countless indications that the planet is warming. Perhaps the most revealing is the fact that average temperatures have been gradually rising, and the ten hottest years on record since the 1860s have occurred since 1973. In his book, See, I Told You So, Rush Limbaugh misquoted a Gallup poll, claiming that 53% of scientists do not believe that global warming is taking place, 30 percent say they don’t know, and only 17 percent…