Orlando Furioso Clarifies Vergil’s Ending in The Aeneid
– Orlando Furioso Clarifies Vergil’s Ending in The Aeneid Ariosto adapts and transforms Vergil’s final episode of The Aeneid into his own conclusion in Orlando Furioso. The final scenes in the epics parallel one another in many ways, yet also show distinct differences. Ruggiero and Rodomont represent Aeneas and Turnus, respectively, and the actions of Ariosto’s characters can be interchanged with their corresponding characters’ acts in The Aeneid. Ariosto reminds us of controversy and questions that Vergil elicits in his conclusion and responds interpretively, reshaping the ending and clarifying ambiguities….
Aime Cesaire’s A Tempest Clarifies Shakespeare’s The Tempest
– Cesaire’s A Tempest Clarifies Shakespeare’s The Tempest “Negritude, originally a literary and ideological movement of French-speaking black intellectuals, reflects an important and comprehensive reaction to the colonial situation of European colonization” (Carlberg). This movement, which influenced Africans as well as blacks around the world, specifically rejects the political, social, and moral domination of the West. Leopold Senghor, Leon Damas, and Aime Cesaire are the three pioneers of the revolution. The founder who expresses his ideas more broadly, though, is Cesaire, who uses literary works to express his viewpoint on colonization. An excellent example of such a tactic i…
The Extent to Which the Decision of the House of Lords in Gemmell and Richards has Clarified the Meaning of the Concept of Recklessness in English Cri
– The Extent to Which the Decision of the House of Lords in Gemmell and Richards has Clarified the Meaning of the Concept of Recklessness in English Criminal Law The concept of ‘recklessness’ or being ‘reckless’ has been described as causing injury without intending to do so. But not every case of foresight amounts to recklessness as in order for a defendant to be reckless then the risk of the action they have taken must be an unreasonable one. A certain foresight of certainty must be taken into account in which, is the action in which the defendant partaken in one with a foreseeable outcome….
– … A personal privilege or commercial advantage, with an intention to benefit the owner of DT that is not connected with the occupation of the land; will not be defined as an easement . It is essential to determine if the easement has a necessary connection with the land, in the sense of being reasonably necessary for it better enjoyment as a parcel of land . Furthers, in Clos Farming Estate’s case , the court held that the right to carry out certain acts on a property; i.e. viticulture business, is not an easement….
Treatment of Waste Water from Domestic, Agriculture and Industry
– Treatment of Waste Water from Domestic/ Agriculture/ Industry Major contaminants of waste water from domestic: – Suspended solids – Dissolved solids – Settleable solids – Inorganic matters (eg. Minerals, heavy metals, as well as compounds like cadmium, calcium, copper, lead, magnesium, nickel, potassium, sodium, zinc) – Organic matters – Nutrients (eg. Nitrogen, phosphorus) – Oil and grease – Pathogens (eg. Bacteria, viruses, parasites) Major contaminants of waste water from agriculture: – Suspended solids – Dissolved solids – Settleable solids – Inorganic matters (eg….