City councillor county councillor Essay

City councillor county councillor Essay

Living in the City vs. Living in the Country

– Living in the City vs. Living in the Country      The age-old question has plagued many, “Should I live in a city or should I live in the country?”. There are many advantages and disadvantages to choosing a lifestyle in either setting, and careful examination of all aspects is needed to make the perfect decision for you.      One major issue affecting many people trying to make the decision on where to live is their quality of life in either extreme. Health, education, transportation are three major concerns that many consider….  

Kentucky History: Warren County and The City of Bowling Green

– The county seat for Warren County is Bowling Green. The area is 546 square miles. It became the one of the wealthiest counties in Kentucky in the 1870s. It is the 24th county in the order of county formations. Warren County was created December 14th, 1796 from part of Logan County. Warren County was named after General Joseph Warren. He was a distinguished patriot who died in a battle at Bunker Hill during the Revolutionary War. Warren County is bordered by Edmonson, Barren, Allen, Simpson, Logan, and Butler….  

The New City of Culture Initiative

– … Local artists, organisations and civic groups have come together and designed a calendar of events showcasing a wide variety of talents. They have taken on the ambitious task to highlight the different elements of both the traditional and modern culture in Limerick and establish the city as an internationally recognised location for culture in 2014 and in the future. Cultural Development Culture is a fusion of many diverse influences and interests. Cultural development is an integral part of the future development of a city….  

History and Issues in Mexico City

– Mexico City is the capital city of Mexico. Mexico City is very well known for being the longest continuously inhabited city in the Western Hemisphere, and it is also the largest and the oldest city in the Spanish America. The population of Mexico City is growing very quickly, for many reasons mainly the migration from the other parts of Mexico and another reason is that the birth rate is greater than the death rate. At a population of 21 million people, about one-fifth of the country’s inhabitants, it is one of the most greatly populated cities in the world, and it is the worlds largest capital city…. ;

Hong Kong as a Multicultural City

– … Whereas the Princeton dictionary defines multiculturalism, in a normative sense, to be the laying down of certain rules and policies in order to promote peaceful and equitable co-existence amongst various cultural groups, in a single country. Hong Kong definitely meets the criteria of being a descriptive multicultural city. But does it meet the normative definition as well. Hong Kong is considered to be a highly homogenous society. Unlike Toronto, only 6% of its population comprises of the diverse ethnic groups, whereas the remaining 94% of the population is Chinese (ethnically speaking, Han Chinese) (Race Relations Unit, 2013)…. ;