Choreographer Busby Berkeley’s Contributions to Film
– Choreographer Busby Berkeley’s Contributions to Film Berkeley’s creations were not meant to focus on dance. He envisioned an overall moving pattern, which he created by using moving bodies. He made the art of choreography a technique of design and visual mathematics, and combined this with his knowledge of film to bring his vision to life on the big screen. The skill of this multi-talented man brought Hollywood musicals to their full potential, creating a high demand for dance in films. William Berkeley Enos was born November 29, 1895, in Los Angeles….
Reality Television and the Dance World
– … Young dancers have increased their priorities about learning the eye-popping tricks rather than focusing on beautiful technique because of the heightened exposure of reality television. “(Young dancers) want to turn out eight pirouettes and do fouettes all over the place- but then we make them understand how difficult it is just to stand on one foot,” said Victoria Flores Cook, co-owner of Denise Wall’s Dance Energy in Virginia Beach, VA, (The Real Deal N.P). This yearning to learn the flashy, over-the-top tricks has made it harder for young dancers to focus on their artistry as well….
Overview of the Major Topics in Learning about Dance by Nora Ambrosio
– Learning about Dance: Dance as an Art Form and Entertainment provides visions into the many features of dance and inspires scholars to keep an open mind and think critically about the stimulating, bold, ever-changing and active world of dance. Learning about Dance is particularly useful for those who do not have a wide and diverse dance contextual, such as students in a preliminary level or survey dance course. This book consists of twelve chapters. Chapter one dance as an art form focuses on the basic structures of dance….
The History of Ballet
– Ballet Many young girls grow up taking ballet class, but there is a lot more to ballet than just little girls running around in tutus. Many people think that ballet is boring or isn’t their thing but there are many roles that go into putting on a ballet. A lot of work goes into doing a ballet. There are many famous ballets that without the story, the ballet wouldn’t be as interesting. There were many influential dancers and choreographers in ballet. There are many basic steps that frame the technique of ballet….
– George Balanchine If composers are the masters of time, then the choreographer George Balanchine is the master of visual realization of that time in human terms. A master in both the kinesthetic and musical frames of creativity, he did not devote his energies to music visualization by assigning a certain number of dancers to represent strings, others the brass, and still others woodwinds or percussion but by creating a visual analogy in space that restates the musical structure with the trained dancer’s body…. ;