The Benefits of Gum Chewing
– … Many researchers have been studying if chewing gum helps people lose weight.”If you chew sugar-free gum it does actually prevent you from eating ,drinking sweetened beverages or it helps stave off a craving or emotional urge for food.” says Tom Venuto lifetime natural bodybuilder. For example, “Contestants on The Biggest Loser use it regularly, and studies have shown that chewing gum can help control cravings, manage hunger, and promote weight loss.” says Kathleen Zelman, director of nutrition for WebMD….
The Benefits of Chewing Gum
– … Different flavors and their potency reduce stress as well as the flavor and pleasant chewing. It is proven to reduce stress which is a constant distraction to people who can’t concentrate. Other positive affects that help students pay better attention in class is the distraction from talking and other nonproductive activities. Gum can help us with the nonproductive or low attention spanned students in classes and can be more beneficial for their grades. Gum helps keep teeth clean and healthy especially after eating and drinking….
– Introduction The words chewing gum can be defined as “a type of soft candy that you chew but do not swallow”(Merriam Webster 2013). Humans have chewed gum for thousands of years (American Dental Association, 2013). The Greeks, Mayans, and American Indians all chewed a type of gum-like substance (Noren Laura 2013). The Native Americans who met the European colonists passed chewing gum to them (Wrigley Jr. Company 2012). This early form of gum was the sap of the spruce tree from when it is cut (Wrigley Jr….
The Sticky Situation of Chewing Gum in School
– … Louis responded to Johnston’s study. Moran answered, “It makes sense that if it’s acting as a stress reliever, and it is making you smarter.” (Moran, 2009) Chewing gum can benefit in oral health. Who likes the nasty cavities. I know that I don’t. First, research shows that chewing sugar-free gum can help with saliva build up. The saliva is important for oral health. (Greene, 2014) Also, gum can improve bad breath. Some flavors are great for improving your breath. Finally, gum has great taste….
Intellect: Chewing Gum
– What effect does the act of chewing gum have on the intellect of an individual. It is said by many people, including psychologist, that chewing gum can increase your memory skills and enhance cognitive powers. The article Health Benefits of Gum Chewing said, “. . . people who chewed throughout tests produced significantly better scores than people who did not” (Greene). This is for many reasons, one being that the movement of our jaws improve memory, because the hippocampus – the part of the brain important for memory – increases when people chew….