Freedom Industries and Chemical Spill
– Affecting close to 100,000 homes and businesses, estimated to be close to 300,000 people, Freedom Industries experienced a chemical spill that contaminated the public water system in nine counties in the Charleston, West Virginia metropolitan area. This matter has raised a magnitude of issues that have affected not only residents of the tainted regions, but the company itself and the government. Forming a contingency plan early on could have significantly reduced or prevented the dangers of the chemical spill or at least made it easier to those in command to effectively respond to the spill….
The Chemical Corps Regiment
– The Chemical Corps Regiment The US Army Chemical Corps history began back in World War I as the Chemical Warfare Service. World War I came to be known as the “Chemists War” because of the first uses of chemical warfare agents (Fitzgerald, 2008). The use of chemical agents by Germany was said to have been initiated by the necessity of war fighters to develop new war strategies to offset trench warfare. German armies were complacent with trench warfare and could no longer rely on this method to ensure victory (Blodgett, 2009)….
U.S. Army Chemical School
– The CBRN Survey Team is a vital part of a CBRN Reconnaissance platoon. It is multi-faceted , it can assume all critical tasks and duties of the Reconnaissance platoon while having the same capabilities and principles. Even though it is a part of a larger piece of the puzzle it still provides an important task – to determine CBRN contaminated affected areas and levels, and simultaneous mark them as hazardous. Since a survey team is essentially a reconnaissance element its description of what it entails will be described via the reconnaissance perspective….
Special Forces Chemical Detachments
– Special Forces Chemical Detachments The Chemical Corp is made up of many unconventional units all with unique training that is specifically tailored to their mission. A mission most people would never conceive to volunteer for. One of those groups is the Special Forces Chemical Detachment or (CDA’s). This specialized group is better known as a Chemical Reconnaissance Detachment (CRD) or a Chemical Decontamination Detachment (CDD). Each team is constructed in a unique manner, their purpose each individually crucial, created at a time when the world it most….
Benzene: The Physical Properties and Chemical Properties
– Benzene is a chemical compound used in our everyday lives. Benzene is used to make chemicals and other household products. The chemical formula of Benzene is C6H6. Benzene’s atomic structure is a hexagon with a carbon atom and a hydrogen atom bonded to each shown in (Figure 1). When Benzene was first discovered it was called hydrocarbon. The chemical that we now call Benzene was discovered in 1825 by Michael Faraday. Michael Faraday discovered Benzene from an oily film that deposited from the gas used for lighting….