Physics of Lift
– Lift is a commonly used term to describe “something” that results in objects moving upwards against the force caused by gravity. This “something” is actually a force in itself. Lift is one of the four main forces that act upon all objects that move through the air. These four forces are: # Lift – an upward force on the object # Weight – a downward force due to the acceleration of gravity # Thrust – a forward force (propulsion) # Drag – a force caused by resistance that acts in the opposite direction of thrust Lift is a simple concept to grasp, yet the reason it exists is a complex one….
Lift and the Physics of Flight
– Since the beginning of recorded history, humans have always had a fascination with flight. Now that we live in a world where boarding an airplane and flying across the country – or even the world – is simply a part of everyday life, the wonder of flight has diminished for many. Despite this, physics students from all around continue to delight in the many physical forces that play a part in keeping these huge objects (like jumbo jets) from falling out of the sky. The common explanation given to those curious about how an airplane wing produces lift uses the Bernoulli Principle….
Designer Charles Eames’ Design Icon: The Eames Chair
– The Eames chair designed by Charles Eames in 1955. Charles Eames was born in 1907 and dies in 1978, the Eames chair was named after the designer itself it took 80 years for prototype. Eames was best known as the designer responsible for many classic iconic designs of the 20th century, Eames was born in St Louis, Missouri and studied architecture at Washington University, he got married in 1941 and moved to California to set up a ground breaking design studio. The chair was design for exterior use however it became very popular as an office chair…. ;
TransJakarta Busway Operator Improvement
– 1. Introduction Since repulsive traffic situations nowadays getting increasingly occurs in Jakarta, a heart of Indonesian economy city, TransJakarta as Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system expected to be alternative completion cope with this issue (Hook and Ernst 2005). Within almost ten years operated on 2004 (TransJakarta 2011), TransJakarta operating systems still has require substantial improvement facing a never end congestion and other problems come about (Hook 2003). Reflecting to these matters, one of key points of project implementation on B2B circumstance is collaborativing activity among actors which aline with the market in service ecosystem outlook (Vargo and Lusch 2011)…. ;
The 670 Eames Lounge Chair
– In 1956, the 670 Eames Lounge Chair together with its ottoman made a debut on the Home show hosted by Arlene Francis on NBC. Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, the then new masterpiece was said to be the ‘modernised version of the old English club chair’ which later became a true design icon of the 20th Century. History of 670 Eames Lounge Chair Charles & Ray Eames, a prolific duo well known for their objective to design furniture for mass production and retailed at affordable cost came up with one of the most unique seating collection during their time…. ;