Potential Career: Flight Attendant
– The Career Exploration choice that appealed to me the most was the job of a Flight Attendant. I think that traveling the world would be very exciting and as a Flight Attendant I would have a chance to travel, meet lots of different people and experience different cultures around the world. Flight Attendants do not make a lot of money at first but I think it would be ok to work up to a higher salary, especially since Zarin said that the airline pays for your expenses. The idea of being a flight attendant is a little impossible for me….
Bukit Brown Municipal Cemetery
– Introduction Bukit Brown Municipal Cemetery is a 213-acre (0.86 km2) pan-Chinese cemetery that opened in the early 20th century. Located between Lornie Road and Mount Pleasant Road, it was abandoned but is still in existence today. During the Qing Ming festival, many filial descendants of those in the graves still come to pay their respects. (Banyan, 2013) It is the biggest Chinese graveyard outside China, and is the resting place for many of our forefathers such as Gan Eng Seng and Lee Hoon Leong, who is the grandfather of Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew….
A Career as a Flight Attendant
– … Second, flight attendants should provide safety and comport to passengers. Third, flight attendants should show their good service performance to passengers. This research paper purports to help people interested in a job of a flight attendant to finalize their career choice and dispel the myth that being a flight attendant has many disadvantages. Some people might argue that flight attendants have many flights in a month, so they have to spend lots of time away from home; therefore, they might have emotional exhaustion, they may be scheduled for duty on weekends and holidays, they experience many delays occurring for any reasons and they feel the jet lag….
The British Cemetery Kabul: White Cemetry
– … British officials come to the cemetery each year to observe Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day, and large black memorial stones have been erected in honor of the British servicemen killed since 2001. Other memorials dedicated to other NATO member countries have also been put up. When the British arrived in Afghanistan in late 2001, they found the cemetery damaged from years of perpetual warfare and many of its graves plundered for their metal. The soldiers took it upon themselves to begin refurbishing the site and raised money to pay the old caretaker….
New Forms of Energy and Attendant Costs
– Global warming and climate change has ascended to prominence in normative, political, and scientific domains in recent years. This salient and contested concept implicates citizens and officials across the globe – the ramifications of which pose immediate and future threats to mankind, natural resources, biodiversity, and environmental stability. Proponents of this theory support laws, regulations, emissions policies, and international protocols that seek to control the phenomenon and mitigate its effects….