Characteristics of an Effective Helper
– There are many attributes to being an effective helper. An effective helper, in essence, should be genuinely caring, have a calm manner, have a sense of humor, be a clear thinker, be highly dependable, honest, use common sense, be objective and not subjective, be self-confident, be self-aware, have a positive attitude toward life, have respect for others, exhume warmth, show flexibility and openness (Mental Health of Refugees, 1996). These are the basic characteristics of an effective helper….
Homework: A Helper or a Hindrance?
– … In the late 1960s, the value of homework was questioned because educators and parents were concerned that homework interrupted recreational and social activities, thus affecting the mental health of children (Cooper Robinson Patall). Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, homework was endorsed again because there was a need to reinvigorate the declining educational standards, especially in the United States(Cooper Robinson Patall), and the renewed belief from research that homework produces academic benefits (Cooper 1989)….
Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper
– Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper In ancient times, a superstition was once believed by humans that erratic behavior was the possession of spiritually evil demons, that only wizardry or sorcery could mend and cure the mentally ill. In 1808, a man named Professor Johann Christian Reil developed a new medicine field called Psychiatry, meaning the soul or mind. Eventually, the physicians practicing this medical field were known as Psychiatrist (“History of Psychiatry”). As time passed, the field started to evolve and the knowledge expanded becoming one of the oldest medical fields still existing today (“Psychiatrist – DO/MD”)….
The Joys of Being a Carpenter
– … They do things like: build stairs, make cabinets, tile floors, and lay carpet. A commercial carpenter remodels office buildings and builds office buildings. They also build hospitals, hotels, schools, and malls. Commercial carpenters use steel framing so they can build bigger buildings, and they work a lot with concrete. An industrial carpenter works with industries and they build scaffolding. Scaffolding is kind of like stairs. Carpenters build them so they can climb up on them and stand on them to work on certain things that are high off of the ground….
The Occupation of a Carpenter
– The Occupation of a Carpenter Upon the interviews of two trade carpenters, a detailed description of the occupation of a carpenter came clearly into view. From some of the most general there was received a more descriptive perspective. What would someone interested in this job need to do to get started. What personal qualities/traits should a person have to be successful at this job. How did you get started in this field. How much of a challenge is your type of work. What types of writing do you do….