The Joys of Being a Carpenter
– … They do things like: build stairs, make cabinets, tile floors, and lay carpet. A commercial carpenter remodels office buildings and builds office buildings. They also build hospitals, hotels, schools, and malls. Commercial carpenters use steel framing so they can build bigger buildings, and they work a lot with concrete. An industrial carpenter works with industries and they build scaffolding. Scaffolding is kind of like stairs. Carpenters build them so they can climb up on them and stand on them to work on certain things that are high off of the ground….
The Occupation of a Carpenter
– The Occupation of a Carpenter Upon the interviews of two trade carpenters, a detailed description of the occupation of a carpenter came clearly into view. From some of the most general there was received a more descriptive perspective. What would someone interested in this job need to do to get started. What personal qualities/traits should a person have to be successful at this job. How did you get started in this field. How much of a challenge is your type of work. What types of writing do you do….
John Carpenter’s Halloween
– … The faceless mask, synonymous with Halloween, brought the element of fear to “The Shape” and John asked Nick Castle (actor who played Michael Myers) to be simple and emotionless with all of his movements. This allowed the audience to project whatever they wanted onto this murderous force. The tales of the pure evil in Michael was the backbone of the story. This was different from other villains during this time. It departed “from the screaming monsters and crazed killers” (Hiller, J. 2013). It made viewers question whether Michael Myers was just a crazy guy or some kind of supernatural being….
Sociality of the Neotropical Small Carpenter Bees
– Abstract The origin of eusociality from solitary antecedents is one of the major transitions in evolution. Studies on highly eusocial insects such as ants and honeybees (i.e., those with obligate sterile and reproductive castes) offer limited insights to understanding this transition because all females are phenotypically differentiated into castes with no reversion to solitary life. Conversely, totipotent, flexible species capable of both solitary and social reproduction offer the comparative material to evaluate the relative roles of intrinsic genetic underpinnings versus extrinsic ecological conditions facilitating or impeding cooperative living….
The Inklings by Humphrey Carpenter
– The Inklings by Humphrey Carpenter C.S. Lewis heard the bells of one of the colleges strike noon as he hurried purposefully along the narrow cobblestone streets of Oxford. He disliked giving the tutorials required of his position of Tutor in English Language and Literature at Magdalen College and usually kept the sessions to the minimum required time. However, this tutorial had given rise to a particularly enjoyable debate, and he never liked to cut off a good hydebate, although he now wished he had….