Exterior Facade Smart Materials and Technology
– Literature review provides an opportunity to assess the supportive material as related to a planned proposal. It may also perform the opposite role as one seeks to uphold a studied proposition. This literature review provides insights to the use of double skin facades. Double skin facade relates to the somewhat limited comfort range of the human body, and depends on activity and environmental circumstance. It must examine the broad spectrum of human and environmental needs. Fairly, all available materials are assessed in order to arrive at an informed recommendation or decision….
Exterior of the Crystal Palace
– Crystal Palace, Exterior The Crystal Palace was dismantled and rebuilt in Sydenham after the closing of the Fair and stood there until 1936 when it was destroyed by fire. Although it is no longer standing today, this structure is documented in photographs such as this one, through which it can continue to influence the worlds of architecture and engineering. The Great Exhibition of 1851 was the first event of its kind, bringing together people from all over the earth in an environment of peace and intellectual stimulation….
The Rock: The GE Building in Rockefeller Plaza
– Tourist. Business people. Shoppers. Television executives. View-seekers. All these people can be found at one place. The GE building, formally the RCA building, is the centerpiece of Rockefeller Plaza in New York, New York and was completed in 1933. The building is now the headquarters of the television network NBC along with being a tourist attraction. Known as 30 Rock, the structure is one of the most prestigious office buildings. Along with being an office building, there are many stores located on the first floor and under the building itself….
The Research Support Facility is a Green Building
– A Sustainable Leed Platinum Building A sustainable development could be defined as a self-sufficient project that can meet actual and future demand without compromising future resources. A sustainable development can be defined as the Research Support Facility in Golden, Colorado. This ultra-high performance building incorporates several design innovations, renewable strategies and excellent performance, so high, that it will only use 50% of the energy it will use if designed under traditional methods….
The Seagram Building
– The Seagram Building is prime example of the international style of design in the 20th century. The building is a true landmark of the city having an open plaza at the base of the building with high ceilings, floor to ceiling tinted windows and bronze mullions. Its imperious design, set in a plaza with fountain, was imitated many times and became an icon of North American corporate design. Mies is known as the father of the steel and glass structure. Mies designed many buildings during his life however none of the would be as popular and famous as the Seagram Building….