The History and Development of Sliced Bread
– … He presented the slicer to many bakers, but they believed the machine would fail because there was no mechanism in place to prevent the bread from becoming stale. Rohwedder formed Mac-Roh Sales & Manufacturing Company to sell the machine to individual bakers and corporations. Around the time Rohwedder depleted his monetary supply, he met with a friend named M. Frank Bench who owned the Chillicothe Baking Company. Bench was the first to employ Rohwedder’s machine to produce sliced bread. The two subsequently decided to market the bread under the name Sliced Kleen Maid Bread….
The Issue of Fast-Molding Homemade Bread
– … It is also used in various household cleaners. High amounts of ingested ammonium could be sickening or lethal. (SITE THE AMMONIUM SORCE HERE) An alternate preservative commonly used in breads is called Azodicarbonamide. Azodicarbonamide actually can “heighten an allergic reaction to food.” It is also said to be a cause of asthma according to scientists in the UK. The objective of this experiment is to measure how natural preservatives (such as sugar, salt and raisins) effect the molding time of homemade bread by using exes amounts of said preservative….
Anzia Yezierska’s Novel, Bread Givers
– Anzia Yezierska’s 1925 novel Bread Givers ends with Sara Smolinsky’s realization that her father’s tyrannical behavior is the product of generations of tradition from which he is unable to escape. Despite her desire to embrace the New World she has just won her place in, she attempts to reconcile with her father and her Jewish heritage. The novel is about the tension inherent in trying to fit Old and New worlds together: Reb tries to make his Old World fit into the new, while Sara tries to make her New World fit into the Old….
Will 3D Printing Change the Landscape of Manufacturing?
– Introduction: In 1440, Johannes Gutenberg completed the very first printing press, and since then, the contraption has significantly evolved (Crompton). With the recent uprising of 3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing (the process of turning a 3D model into a real object), and the inexhaustible imagination of the human being a key question emerged: Will this procedure change the landscape of manufacturing. Just like the agricultural world advanced with the introduction of machinery it is clear that such an extraordinary process will greatly improve our lives and change forever the world we live in….
Arranged Marriage in Bread Givers, by Anzia Yezierska
– Arranged Marriages have been around since time can remember. An arranged marriage is a marital union between a man and a woman who were selected to be wedded together by a third party. Historically, arrange marriages were the main way to marry. In certain parts of the world, it is still the primary approach. There are two types of arrange marriages. The first is a traditional marriage where the children can, with strong objections, refuse to marry their soon to be spouse. In a forced marriage, the children have no say in the matter….