Old Testament: The Book of Ruth
– Introduction The book of Ruth is one of the most beloved books in the Old Testament. The themes contained in Ruth include, but are not limited to the following: (1) the lineage of David is traced back to Boaz and Ruth (Ruth 4:17), (2) the tender love story between Ruth and Boaz, and (3) the faithfulness of Ruth towards Naomi (Ruth 1:13-18). As endearing as these themes and other might be, the primary theme in the book of Ruth is expressed in the Hebrew concept ????? (hesed). The ????? (hesed) of God expresses itself especially in the restoration of Naomi (?????????? ??????? a restorer of life) through the union between Ruth and Boaz….
The Book of Stories by Kristin Kladstrup
– … Upon finishing to book, the ending of the book was different from what I had predicted. I thought that after Oscar helped Lucy find her father, Oscar would use the traveling talisman to travel back to the past to visit his family, but instead he chose to stay and live with his nephew and great-niece. The Book of Story Beginnings was set in an island off the coast of Iowa. Cat’n’berd Island is a make-believe island that Oscar made up in The Book of Story Beginnings. Every story beginnings written in the journal came to life, so as a result, Cat’n’Berd Island magically appeared in the sea, near the coast of Iowa….
Like a Hurricane Book Review
– In Like a Hurricane: The Indian Movement from Alcatraz to Wounded Knee two American Indians from separate tribes join together to co-author this historically thought provoking portrayal of a time in history when playing by the rules did not work when dealing with minority rights issues. Paul Chaat Smith, a Comanche and Robert Allen Warrior an Osage join forces to create an accurate account of a time when the Native American civil rights movement took center stage television and press coverage. The world watched as Indian militants, American military, and world media covered three key events, which took place in a forty-two month period beginning with the student takeover of Alcatraz in Novem…
Book Review: Divided Highways
– Since the beginning of the United States the American people have been on the move. Public transportation has played a major role in the development of this nation and in bringing its citizens together. In the book “Divided Highways”, author Tom Lewis takes the reader on a journey of the building of the Interstates and the consequences(good and bad) that came from them. Lewis believes that the Interstates are a physical characteristic of America and that it shows “all our glory and our meanness; all our vision and our shortsightedness”(xiv)….
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
– … This, it said, is your accordion. The sound of the turning page carved them in half.Liesel read on. For at least twenty minutes, she handed out the story. The youngest kids were soothed by her voice, and everyone else saw visions of the whistler running from the crime scene. Liesel did not. The book thief saw only the mechanics of the words—their bodies stranded on the paper, beaten down for her to walk on. Somewhere, too, in the gaps between a period and the next capital letter, there was also Max.” One example of the main idea in this is saying that words can be like music and have hidden meanings like it explains later in the quote how everyone else is seeing the whistler running away…