Bradstreet’s The Author to Her Book
– In Anne Bradstreet’s poem “The Author to Her Book,” the controlling metaphor is the image of a baby being born and cared for. This birth imagery expresses the complex attitude of the speaker by demonstrating that the speaker’s low regard for her own work and her actions are contradictory. The first effect of the birth imagery is to present the speaker’s book as a reflection of what she sees in herself. Unfortunately, the “child” displays blemishes and crippling handicaps, which represent what the speaker sees as deep faults and imperfections in herself….
My Start as a Publisher: A Short Story
– “You can do this.” I whisper to myself as I leave my car. A job at a publishing office cannot be too hard. All I have to is read manuscripts and decide whether to have them published or not. The only requirement was that you had to have had majored in English or an English derivative in university, which is luckily what I had done. It is not the best job, but it is better than not having a job. My career as a writer is at a standstill, so at least I am making money while trying to find inspiration for a book….
Judging a Book By Its Cover
– “The cover is a book’s first communication to the reader, a graphic representation not simply of its content, but of its point in history.” Ned Drew This essay will examine book published by Knock Knock, The Convert’s Bible: Everything you need to know about 99 actual religions. First it will give brief introduction to their basic function and form as well as the content. Then it will go on to further analysis of the chosen design solutions such as choice of typeface and cover design. Drawing on the evidence of a previous edition it will be examined why the designer decided to resemble look of the Bible….
Clear and Present Danger: Book Review
– Clear and Present Danger: Book Review The book ‘Clear and Present Danger’ is a novel written by Tom Clancy in 1989 and published in 1990 by Thorndike-Magna Publisher (Beetz 824). This book has one thousand one hundred and forty pages, with the latest edition published by Berkley Books having six hundred and eighty eight pages. This novel like most of Clancy’s writings relies on a basic formula of good versus evil where the United States is represented as a nation that is on the right side (Sharp 398)….
Book Review of Hot Buttons: How to Resolve Conflict and Cool Everyone Down
– Book Review of Hot Buttons: How to Resolve Conflict and Cool Everyone Down Title: Hot Buttons: How To Resolve Conflict And Cool Everyone Down Publisher: Cliff Street Books Place of Publication: New York Year of Publication: 2000 Number of Pages: 336 Price of the Book: Price ranges from $ .46 to $23 depending if the book is new, used, hard cover, paperback, or collectible. The book “Hot Buttons: How To Resolve Conflict And Cool Everyone Down” talks about conflict management….