Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
– According to Bakshi (p.211), the use of biotechnology in agricultural production is a major tool for enhancing food security and sustaining the environment. Biotechnology is considered important in addressing the challenge of food availability, alleviation of poverty and environmental conservation. In this regard (Tramper et al 408), it is important to note that GMOs are produced by the introduction of extra genetic information into a certain organism through genetic engineering. The methods are a natural creation of the strategies hitherto employed with an aim of getting different varieties and strains….
Bioengeneering: Improving Health and Lifestyle for Humans
– … I am fond to bioengineering because it improves the living of people who are in a body that cannot satisfy their daily needs of simply walking or moving at ease. I have a friend that is incapable to walk; therefore he will be sitting down in a wheelchair for the rest of his life unless bioengineering will help him finally get up to his feet for the first time of his life. It makes me pessimistic that he will never be able to walk alongside the beach shore or pedal his bike around the neighborhood….
– Biomedical engineering, also known as “bioengineering”, is a branch of engineering that combines the design and problem solving techniques of engineering with biological and medical sciences to improve health-related and medical problems. Bioengineers have made many positive changes in many lives today. By designing live-saving objects such as artificial hearts, dialysis machines, and surgical lasers bioengineers have helped save many lives. Biomedical engineers dates back to over 3000 years with the Egyptians….
Green Living In The Mile High City
– EEco, short for environmentally efficient, contemporary oasis, is the ideal in green living spaces in Mile High City. The EEco concept was developed after the Tornado of 2009. City planners wanted homes for citizens that had tornado safety features, but was also eco-friendly with a soft carbon footprint. Originally, the land the EEco’s were built on was mixed-use including commercial, industrial, and residential. To support sustainable land practices, the city agreed to rebuild using the same concept….
What is Bioengineering and Its Roles?
– Over the past few years, Biomedical engineering has emerged as one of the fastsest growing jobs in the world. This speedy growth has brought much attention to the field, but most people are unaware of the vast opprotunities offered in Biomedical engineering. The average person believes that Bioenegineering involves making artificial parts for the human body. This statement is true, but there are also many other complex disciplines in the field of Biomedical engineering. Biomedical engineering involves a wide variety of disciplines, including tissue engineering, genetic engineering, and neural engineering….