The Cycle of Art Creation: The Analysis of Filmmaker and Director Todd Cole
– … In his fashion film “Honor,” the subject is walking in the Grand Canyon, the landscape scattered with rocks. The colors are muted, so the observer could mistake the canyon rocks for mountains in the distance. In this particular piece, Todd Cole contrasts landscape with clothing on the female figure. A deserted landscape instills a sense of calm, but also an underlying sense of mystery.3 In the film, the natural settings with manmade construct on the subject suggests a purposeful juxtaposition….
The Art of Taxidermy and Why it Should Be Considered an Art
– The Art of Taxidermy and Why it Should Be Considered an Art “Let’s say you’re watching an old horror movie, one about a crazy madman who lives in a spooky house up on a hill. Local kids will become curious and decide to step foot into the house. The majority of the time the creepy man will have two things; paintings with the eyes cut out and a nice collection of mounted animals to give intruders a sense of fear. Then all of a sudden lightning flashes and a growling black bear is lit up, sending the kids screaming into the front yard” (Bryant)….
The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
– With exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago is one of the Nation’s largest facilities devoted to the art of our time (“About the MCA”) . The mission of the MCA is to offer a direct experience to the public of modern day art and living artists. German architect Joseph Paul Kleihues designed the new building with seven times the square feet of its previous facility (“The Building”) . October of 1967 the museum opened its doors to the public for the first time….
The Job of a Film Director
– The Job of a Film Director The film director has an elaborate job, classed as an art in its own sense. Its meticulous details and multi million dollar bills at the end make a director’s job truly an art. How they can take the imagination and lay it on a roll of film is an array of elaborate casting, screening etc. and requires a special skill. The general meaning of the word director is: · The leader of a course of action or actions · A person who leads someone or something In this case I shall be writing about ‘Kes’ a film by Ken Loach, adapted from the book “a Kestrel for…
The Romantic Notion of a Film Director
– The intention of this essay is to discuss the romantic notion of a film director who has etched their own cinematic vision into the body of their film work, and whether the theory and practice is dead and an infringement of the spectator’s imagination and is it the spectator who finds meaning in the film. I will be closely looking at critical material, primarily Andre Bazin and Roland Barthes and applying them to several case study films directed by Christopher Nolan including The Following (1998), The Prestige (2006) and Inception (2010), to examine whether Nolan possesses the qualities of an auteur and if so, does that imply an ideological view of what the auteur resembles or an artistic o…