I Want to Become an Architect
– … The typical day in the office for an architect sounds nothing but ideal for me. One in five architects is self-employed, which is a significant number of self-employed architects, and architects held 107,400 jobs in 2012. It would be ideal for me to be self-employed in my future because I like to be the boss and I am very responsible. Additionally, I have qualities that would make for a very successful architect. Some of these strong qualities are visual, analytical, communicative, and creative skills….
The Career of an Artist/Architect
– Passion, devotion, vehemence is described about the career that is characterized in this essay. The career that is being characterized is the career of an artist/architect. Architects are licensed professionals trained and licensed in the art and science of the design and construction of buildings and structures that primarily provide shelter. An artist is a person engaged in one or more of any of a broad spectrum of activities related to creating art, practicing the arts, and/or demonstrating an art….
Manifesto on Becoming an Architect
– Architecture operates with in the confines of a creative field and the current economic means, these two systems would prefer to operate independently, however are innately linked. Although most people would rather have you believe that they create a finite juxtaposition between the two. Architecture is seldom considered both a profitable business and a functioning artistic outlet, in which practitioners are consistently made to choose between the two. However it is conceivable that between modern architectural practice and the application of typical business, that architects have the tools to overcome the current status quo….
Simon and Garfunkels Legendary Architect
– Simon and Garfunkel’s Legendary Architect You hop out of the car as the driver opens the door for you. You look up and see the stunning Imperial Hotel in Tokyo. It’s your first time traveling abroad since you made your fortune, and you’re very excited. On the outside there are stone collages featuring Mayan architecture with green volcanic rock, terra cotta grillwork, and yellow brick. (An Imperial History)You gasp as you notice the intricate patterns the materials have been placed in….
Architect of the Modern Age
– Frank Gehry is a world renowned architect known for several important buildings such as the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and the Walt Disney Concert Hall. He was born in Toronto Canada February 28, 1929 but moved with his family to Los Angeles, California in 1947(1). Gehry attended the University of Southern California and graduated in 1954 with a degree in architecture (1). In 1962, he established his own architectural firm in 1962 now called Gehry Partners, LLP (1). In the beginning, Gehry used the International Style of architecture (1) but it did not suit him well because those type of building had a stark, unornamented appearance so over time he was able to create his own style that greatly…