Stop Animal Cruelty
– … Even worse than animal testing is animal fighting. We, as humans don’t have or deserve the right to subject these wonderful beings to fight against each other for the purpose of entertaining us. The entertainment that we get just simply are not worth the suffering that these animals face. With the media and animal control tv shows being more readily available for people to see, we can see the gruesome truth behind these animal fighting rings. The most common animals that are used for these fighting practices are usually roosters and dogs, especially the bully breed dog….
Animal Breeding Ethics
– Horse racing has become increasingly popular as demonstrated by the growing amount of money bet on events each year. The Kentucky Derby, horse racing’s most well known event, is an applicable example. While lasting just over two minutes, the main race generated $112.7 million in wagering, up 7.8% from the year prior. (Brisnet.com) Some critics, however, feel that the sport as a whole has become artificially supported through genetic enhancement used to achieve the high level of precision and strength necessary to excel….
– Animals around the world are being taken out of their natural habitats, being breaded and fed antibiotics. Cruelty among the animals range from puppy mills, zoos, factory farms, and many more. People who hurt animals may not even know they’re doing harm to them, but animals are dying all around us. According to Desiree Achollo of People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), families that adopt rabbits, goldfish, and hermit crabs don’t take good enough care of the animals and the animals end up in the garbage (February 2010 n.p)….
Healing Powers of Animal Therapy
– Animals have been human companions for many centuries providing a source of peace and calm to those around them; however the use of animals in a structured therapy environment is a fairly recent phenomenon. Animal therapy involves bringing animals into the healing process, which can has been proven effective in aiding many types of people. Whether it be a dog, cat, bird, rabbit, or even a horse, all types of animals can be trained to help the emotional and physical health of people in simple and extraordinary ways….
The Expense of Owning a Horse
– … If you are a first time owner you should avoid these types of horses and go for a calm, experienced horse that will teach you about horses and riding. Buying a horse from a horse dealer A horse dealer will generally buy a horse from a private seller or at auction and sell it forward for a profit – a horse dealer is in essence the middle man of the horse world. Areas with active horse industries have horse dealers and they also have websites that cater to a certain area or internationally. Most dealers are experienced horse people with a good eye for horses, are honest in their business and will sell you a good horse….