A Career as an Airport Security Coordinator
– In today’s volatile aviation environment the best way for a commercial airport to be secure is to have the responsibility shared between the airport operator, air carriers, tenants and the transportation security administration (TSA). After “9/11” the security scenario in airports has been drastically changed and detailed comprehensive strategy is required to deal with increasing terrorism and hijacking threats. Because of all the terrorist attacks and threat, the protection of our airport’s security has needed to become more of a team effort, whereas both organizations and individuals come together and work as a team….
Kona Airport: A Potential Gateway to Success
– For Kona to gain success in future, its residents must embrace the changes it faces. One of these changes is the expansion of the Kona Airport. It is a “diamond in the rough” whose doors originally opened on July 1, 1970 operating with only a 6,500 ft. strip (“Airport History”). On its first year anniversary, it had successfully serviced over 515,000 passengers. The original style was that of “open air” fun and tropical island scenery. While these are significant memories of the Kona Airport, the changing times will bring great possibilities and growth for the future of the island….
– After the devastating terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, the United States has increased its efforts in protecting its airports. At that time, “the security scanners already in place in most airports included baggage x-rays, metal detectors, and chemical residue detectors, which help security staff search out illegal items that a passenger might have” (DiLascio). These security scanners unfortunately failed in their job. Since then, the Transportation Security Administration has been keeping American airports safe using the latest technology….
Should Small Airports Have More Security?
– Airport Security has always been extremely important, but even more so since the attacks on September 11, 2001. When flying out of O’Hare International Airport you go through multiple security checks. At Canton Municipal Airport there is no security other than a four foot tall fence. Security is the degree of resistance to or protection from harm (Wikipedia, Security). It applies to any vulnerable and valuable asset, such as a person, dwelling, community, nation or organization (Wikipedia, Security)….
– PROBLEMS IN AIRPORT SECURITY The crash of TWA Flight 800 combined with increased terrorism in airports had led to more rigid security measures. Anyone who has flown recently has discovered that at most airports when you want to get your boarding pass, you must show a picture identification. This same procedure is followed when checking your baggage outside the terminal building. Considering the bombing of the World Towers, the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, and the bomb found in Atlanta Americans need to take security for all public places more seriously….