Proper Aircraft Maintenance
– As the development of aviation industry grows, more and more aircraft crashes occur. There are many reasons that lead to aircraft crashes, but one of them, is because of improper aircraft maintenance. Why is proper aircraft maintenance so important. Proper aircraft maintenance is critical in order to keep the aircraft can function properly, every aircraft part is in good condition and ensure the safety of pilots and passengers. Proper maintenance has many parts. The most common part is inspections, which pilots do them every day; the main part is overhaul and repair of an aircraft; and maintenance documentation is another important part of aircraft maintenance which improper maintenance docu…
Aircraft Maintenance Practices
– … De-fuelling of Aircraft De-fuelling an aircraft involves risks or danger, similar with refuelling, where precautionary concerns are regarding fire, contamination and static electricity. Safety Precautions for de-fuelling must be observed: • Always carry the operation in an open space and not in an enclosed area such as Hangar. • Before de-fuelling, an approval from the supervisor should be asked. • Ensure that de-fuelled products must contain proper identification and free from any contamination before supplying to another aircraft….
Aircraft Maintenance Practices
– Aviation industry deals with more than thousands of people and also spending millions of funds in order to meet the requirements, satisfy the necessities of people and to produce state-of-the-art aircraft. With its objective it is significant to consider the hazards involved and bring out an output with the least extent and under control risks to prevent any loss in terms of life and even profit. In this study, the aim is to provide information and knowledge more on aircraft maintenance safety precautions and procedures in dealing with ground handling, general maintenance like working at height, working in confined spaces, moving suspended loads, aircraft refuelling or de-fuelling, ground de…
Aircraft Maintenance: Tool Control and Accountability
– … In a tool room environment, walls can be used with pegboard and hooks. The item is then outlined and shadowed.” Another well-known way to help identify tools is to use the tool identification and permanently mark the tools for tool identification purposes. This way of identification provides a way to quickly identify the squadron, division, what shop, even down to what tool box it came from and the slot in the box. Tools can be marked using a motorized etcher. Some other marking methods such as permanent marker may not be very effective in a hangar environment which is why the etcher is more of a favored tool to use in labeling the tools….
Aircraft Scheduling and Fleet Management
– The primary considerations for airline scheduling are routes that “provide optimum public service…consistent with the financial health of the carrier” (Wensveen, 2011). In addition to that, there are numerous other factors that must be taken into account. These factors include: equipment maintenance, crews, facilities, marketing factors, and other factors such as wind patterns and what I would call “rush hour”. The aircraft must be scheduled so as to allow adequate time for routine maintenance, as well as a buffer to meet unscheduled maintenance requirements….