The Different Types of Aircraft Hazards and Support Equipment for ARFF Personnel
– To become a firefighter is not an easy job. To become an aircraft rescue and firefighter (ARFF) takes a special individual because of the unique level of duties it requires. There is a great deal of preparation and skills that ARFF personnel must have to respond effectively to any aircraft accident or incident. “Because of the extensive nature of emergencies” that ARFF personnel may come across, they must be well trained to handle any of these circumstances (Jenkins, 2008). ARFF personnel are and have to be universal in a wide range of duties….
Proper Aircraft Maintenance
– As the development of aviation industry grows, more and more aircraft crashes occur. There are many reasons that lead to aircraft crashes, but one of them, is because of improper aircraft maintenance. Why is proper aircraft maintenance so important. Proper aircraft maintenance is critical in order to keep the aircraft can function properly, every aircraft part is in good condition and ensure the safety of pilots and passengers. Proper maintenance has many parts. The most common part is inspections, which pilots do them every day; the main part is overhaul and repair of an aircraft; and maintenance documentation is another important part of aircraft maintenance which improper maintenance docu…
The Jet Engine
– The jet engine is a great mechanical piece of engineering. It has been used in almost all aircraft since its invention. This one improvement in aircraft allowed aircraft to fly higher, faster, and more efficient. The turbocharged engine invented by GE was the main building block for other engines. Since its invention, the jet engine has been the workhorse for all jet powered aircraft. General Electric was one of the first companies to build a turbocharged jet engine. GE hired Alexander Moss in 1918 to build an engine with a booster, or turbocharger on a piston engine….
Researching a Jet Engine
– … Hans Van Ohain’s work was not shared to the world, but Whittle’s was and as a consquence Sir Frank Whittle is now more accredited to early jet engines. After Whittle’s and Ohain’s discoveries the development of jet engines sky rocketed. General Electric built the first American jet engine for a United States Air Force plane that first took flight in October, 1942. Soon after that, in 1944 the mass production of jet engines began. The jet engines could be used in many ways, but the main use for jet engines was to create thrust in planes so they could fly….
Importance of an X-Ray Technician
– There are two things in common with all the x-rays taken. They all have a story and all the stories are shared with the man or women taking the x-ray. Almost everyone will have at least one x-ray in their life. Most x-ray technicians can make an impact on their patients life, no matter if it is a good or bad impact. While the patient is sitting there in minor or crucial pain, the x-ray technician has to distract them from the pain while they move them to take the x-rays. Most people do not understand just how important x-ray technicians are….